|Full Name||Jawed Habib Akhter|
|Profession||Professional Hair Stylist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 182 cm
in meters- 1.82 m
in feet inches- 6’
|Hair Colour||Vanilla Blonde (Dyed)|
|Political Party||Joined BJP in April 2019
|Awards||• Business Award: 2012
• Most Preferred Hair Academy Award: 2012
• Mentor of The Year: 2012
|Date of Birth||26 June 1963|
|Age (as of 2021)||58 Years|
|University||• Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
• Morris International School, London
|Educational Qualification(s)||• M. A. in French
• 9 Months course in Hairdressing
|Hobbies||Hair Styling, Mentoring, Entrepreneurship|
|Controversies||• In September 2017 he released a poster in the newspaper which he used images of Hindu deities with a caption "Even Gods Visit JH Salon". Later on, he had to issue an apology letter and uploaded an apology video. In the aftermath of this incident, his salons were vandalised in Uttar Pradesh.
• In January 2022, a video went viral in which Javed Habib was seen spitting on a woman's hair during a hairstyle training seminar in Uttar Pradesh’s Muzaffarnagar. Following this, Habib was highly criticized on social media. The woman in the video was identified as Pooja Gupta, who runs a parlor named Vanshika beauty parlor in Baraut. The Free Press Journal
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Anosh Habib
Daughter- Sana Habib
|Parents||Father- Habib Ahmed
Mother- Name Not Known
• Amzad Habib
• Parvez Habib
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jawed Habib
- Jawed Habib is an Indian Hairstylist known for his hair styling techniques and his chain of salons, Jawed Habib Salons. As of the year 2018, he had 790 salons in 24 cities of India.
- In an interview, he said that he never wanted to be someone’s personal barber. He was more interested in doing Hotel Management.
- He did M. A. in French from JNU. He was obsessed with cricket and was captain of the JNU cricket team.
- In an interview, he said that during his final year at JNU he was not sure what he was doing with his life and at that moment his father convinced him to join Morris International School at London, where he did a 9 months course in Hairstyling. Rediff
- His grandfather, Nazir Ahmed was a personal hairstylist to the last Viceroy of India, Lord Mountbatten. His father, Habib Ahmed started Habib Salon in Delhi and his client list included Indira Gandhi, Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru and Late Dr A. P. J Abdul Kalam.
- His first haircut was of a 10-year-old girl. He trimmed her hair so short that she began to cry. He was depressed by the incident thinking that he made his first client cry.
- Jawed Habib considers Jack Cohen, The Tesco Founder, as his role model. He reportedly said that he wanted to be like him and that he designs his business plans like Jack Cohen did.
- He is married to Shaheen and they have 1 son and a daughter. His marriage was a client marriage. He met Shaheen at one of his salons where she had come for a haircut.
- He holds the world record of performing 410 non-stop haircuts in 25 hours 42 minutes.
- He is die hard fan of Mohammed Rafi. He even once said that Mohammed Rafi was his weakness. He remarked
Unki Awaaz Mein Sur Tha, meri kainchi mein hai”
- In 2019, he joined Bharatiya Janata Party in presence of Tarun Chugh.
- In January 2022, he attracted controversy when a video went viral on social media in which he was seen spitting on a woman’s hair during a training seminar in Uttar Pradesh’s Muzaffarnagar. Later, the woman came forward and identified herself as Pooja Gupta. While condemning Javed Habib for his act, she said,
My name is Pooja Gupta, I run a parlor named Vanshika beauty parlor and am a resident of Baraut. I attended Javed Habib sir’s seminar yesterday. He had invited me for a haircut on stage and he misbehaved a lot. He was showing if you do not have water you can use your spit as well. I did not get my haircut done. I would get my haircut from any local shop but never from Javed Habib.”