|Real Name||Swati Shah|
|Profession(s)||Businesswoman, Doctor, Scientist|
|Famous For||Being wife fo Ajay Piramal, Chairman of Piramal Group & Shriram Group|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 157 cm
in meters- 1.57 m
in feet inches- 5’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||28 March 1956|
|Age (as in 2017)||62 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Walsingham House School, Mumbai
St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
|College/University||Mumbai University, Mumbai (MBBS)
College of Physicians & Surgeons of Mumbai, Mumbai (Diploma in Industrial Medicine)
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Boston, USA (Master's Degree in Public Health)
Diploma in Industrial Medicine Master's
Degree in Public Health (International Health)
|Address||'Piramal House' in Worli, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Reading, Writing, Singing, Painting, Doing social work|
|Awards/Honours||2004: 'BMA Management Woman Achiever of the Year' Award
2006: Chevalier de l'Ordre National du Merite (Knight of the Order of Merit
2006: Lucknow National Leadership Award, in the Young Leader in the field of Science and Technology category
2006: Chemtech Pharma Award for Outstanding Contributions in Pharma Biotech industries
2007: Rajiv Gandhi Award for Outstanding Woman Achiever
2010: Global Empowerment Award
2012: Padma Shri Award, by the President of India, Pratibha Patil
2012: Alumni Merit Award
2012: Received the Lotus Award at New York, from Children's Hope India
2014: Kelvinator Stree Shakti Award
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affair/Boyfriend||Ajay Piramal (Businessman)|
|Marriage Date||Year 1976|
|Husband/Spouse||Ajay Piramal (m. 1976-present)
|Children||Son- Anand Piramal (Businessman)
Daughter- Nandini Piramal (Businesswoman)
|Parents||Father- Niranjan Shah (Businessman)
Mother- Arunika Shah (Chef)
|Siblings||Brother- Nirav Shah (Businessman)
|Favourite Food(s)||Chaat Papdi, Ethiopian cuisine|
|Favourite Book||Bhagavad Gita|
|Favourite Painter||Leonardo da Vinci|
|Assets/Properties||A villa in Green Woods, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra|
|Net Worth (as in 2018)||$4.6 billion|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Swati Piramal
- Does Swati Piramal smoke?: No
- Does Swati Piramal drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Anand was born into a Gujarati textile business family with roots in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- She fell in love with the business tycoon, Ajay Piramal, in the mid-1970s, and did her MBBS after it.
- In 1983, she founded ‘Gopikrishna Piramal Memorial Hospital’ that has given an emphasis on polio prevention.
- She played an instrumental role in convincing her husband to make a risky shift from textile to pharma business because the Datta Sawant strike of 1982 hampered the textile industry in Mumbai. Her advice proved to be the breakthrough for her husband as he acquired ‘Nicholas Laboratories,’ a pharma company for ₹16 crore in 1988, and renamed it to ‘ Nicholas Piramal.’
- In 1988, she became the Vice Chairperson of the ‘Piramal Enterprises Limited.’
- The Piramal Group is a worldwide business conglomerate with 4 key companies: Piramal Enterprises Ltd, Piramal Glass, Piramal Realty and Piramal Foundation.
- Apart from being a pharma tycoon and a doctor, she is also a scientist and has done research on diseases like cancer, diabetes, chronic disease, osteoporosis, malaria, tuberculosis, epilepsy, polio, arthritis, heart disease, inflammation and infectious diseases research, and has launched public health campaigns for them.
- From 2010 to 2011, she was the President of Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) and was the first women to achieve it.
- In 2011, she served as a member of the prestigious Harvard Board of Overseers and Dean’s Advisor to Harvard Business School and Public Health.
- She also served as the non-executive director of ‘ICICI Bank’ from 2012 to 2014.
- Her son Anand is the executive director of ‘Piramal Realty’ while his daughter Nandini manages the Piramal Group’s human resource department.
- She is a fabulous cook as cooking is in her genes. Her mother, Arunika Shah, is a Cordon Bleu chef who runs a catering service called ‘Celebrate.’
- She is a diabetic.
- She is a nature lover, especially flowers. She has been organizing an impressive flower show in Mahabaleshwar, at the ‘Mabe Hill Fest.’
- The Piramals have been family friends with The Ambanis since the 1980s and in 2018 they turn this friendship to family relations when her son, Anand got engaged to Mukesh Ambani‘s daughter, Isha Ambani.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡