|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 15 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film: Hate Story 2 as Akshay Bedi (2014)
TV: Kasautii Zindagii Kay as Arjit (2005)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• In 2010 and 2012, Jai won Boroplus Gold Award for Best Anchor
• In 2009, 2010, and 2011, he won Zee Rishtey Award for Favorite Host
|Date of Birth||25 December 1984 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||B.P.M. High School, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Watching Cricket, Sketching, and Playing Video Games|
|Controversies||• In 2016, Jay Bhanushali had a rift with his wife, Mahhi Vij, following his intimate scenes with Surveen Chawla in the movie Hate Story 2. Asian Age
• Jay Bhanushali and his wife, Mahhi Vij, are often trolled on social media for ignoring their adopted children after the birth of their biological daughter Tara. However, Mahhi Vij and Jai Bhanushali claimed these blames to be false and stated in a conversation with a media house that all of their children were equally loved. The Indian Express
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Mahhi Vij (Actress)|
|Marriage Date||11 November 2011
|Wife||Mahhi Vij (Actress)
• Tara (born on 8 August 2019)
• Khushi (Adopted)
Son- Rajveer (Adopted)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Sister- Hetal Bhanushali (Elder)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jay Bhanushali
- Jay Bhanushali is an Indian television actor, model, dancer and anchor. From 2007 to 2008, he appeared in Ekta Kapoor‘s Indian television serial ‘Kayamath’ that aired on television channel Star Plus. He was well known for his character Neev Shergill in the show.
- In 2007, Jay made his debut on Indian television with the show Dhoom Machaao Dhoom as a supporting actor. He played the character of Varun Bhaskar in the serial. During the same time, he got the biggest break on Indian television when he received the opportunity to appear as a lead hero in Ekta Kapoor’s serial titled Kayamath as Neev Shergill. He earned several awards such as the Indian Telly Award for Fresh New Face – Male and the Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for this show.
- In 2009, he participated in the Indian reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2 as a contestant.
In the same year, he started hosting a dance reality show titled Dance India Dance for which he received praises for his anchoring skills and comic timings. Later, he anchored several seasons of the Indian reality show Dance India Dance. In 2009, he also hosted Dance India Dance Li’l Masters.
- In 2012-13, Jay Bhanushali, along with his wife Mahhi Vij, participated as contestants in the Indian reality dance show titled Nach Baliye 5, and they won the grand finale of the show.
- In 2014, he marked his Bollywood debut as a lead actor with the movie Hate Story 2. In the movie, he was seen romancing Surveen Chawla, and Jay portrayed the character of Akshay Bedi in the film.
- In 2014, he appeared in his second Bollywood movie Desi Kattey as Gyani, and in 2015, he worked in his third Bollywood movie Ek Paheli Leela as Karan.
- In 2014, Jay Bhanushali was featured in a music video that was launched by India’s first Indian Idol Season 1 contestant Prajakta Sukhre.
- From 2015 to 2019, Jay Bhanushali hosted various other Indian reality shows including The Voice India Kids, Sabse Bada Kalakar, Super Dancer, Indian Idol 10, and Superstar Singer.
- In 2016, Jay participated in the popular Indian reality show Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi – Made in India in which he stood at sixth position and got eliminated from the show.
- From 2008 to 2020, Jay Bhanushali also made guest appearances in multiple Indian television shows such as Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan, Parichay – Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka, Do Dil Bandhe Ek Dori Se, Comedy Nights with Kapil, The Drama Company, Sabse Smart Kaun, Bigg Boss 12, Bigg Boss 13, Ace of Space 2, Mujhse Shaadi Karoge, and Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 10.
- In 2017, Jay Bhanushali and his wife Mahhi Vij fostered two children, a boy named Rajveer and a girl named Khushi along with the parents of those children before the birth of their biological daughter Tara. On fostering these children, they announced this news on their social media account. Jay and Mahhi wrote,
We have not adopted them (Rajveer and Khushi). They have parents. The father is still working with us. They have a mother. It is just that they have stayed with us since the time they were born. They call me mumma and Jay dadda. We were all together. We were like a happy family. There is nothing like legal adoption. I do not know where that came from.”
- In 2019, he appeared in a web series on ZEE 5 titled Parchhayee and portrayed the character Joy.
- Reportedly, Jay Bhanushali’s elder sister advised him to try his luck in modelling during his initial years of struggling in Mumbai. Later, he appeared in many popular television commercials such as Rediffmail.com, Motorola, Lays, and Pepsi.
- According to Jay Bhanushali, he is a devotee of Lord Ganesha and often visits the famous Siddhivinayak Temple in Mumbai.
- In a conversation with a media house, Jay expressed his feeling about his children and stated that children at home never let anyone feel alone. He narrated,
Kids will never give you a chance to be alone. They will be around you all the time, shouting and playing. So, you will never feel low at any point.”
- According to Jay Bhanushali, in his leisure time, he loves watching the IPL (Indian Premier League) matches and supports the Rajasthan Royals team.
- Jay is a compassionate animal lover. He often posts pictures of his pet dog on his social media account.
- Jay Bhanushali follows a vegetarian diet. In a conversation with a media house, Jay Bhanushali talked about his viewpoints on being a vegetarian. He said,
See, we do so many wrong things in life, so this saves us the guilt of one sin. By being a vegetarian, you are saving the environment. There’s a lot of heat in meat so when you don’t consume it, automatically your skin clears up. Also it has proteins which is good for you know…XYZ.”
- Some of Jay’s favourite songs are Pehla Nasha from Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Soniyo from Raaz 2, Kabhi Kabhi Aditi from Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na and Beautiful by Akon.
- Jay Bhanushali is a fitness enthusiast. He often posts his picture on his social media account while gymming.
- In October 2020, Jay Bhanushali’s wife, Mahhi Vij, requested her fans through her social media account to convince Jay to have another baby as Mahhi was feeling bored in the COVID-19 lockdown. Hindustan Times On her social media account, she wrote,
Guys, go to Jay’s account and in the comments section, please tell him that I want another child. He is just refusing. It is lockdown and I am getting very bored. I need another child. This one is all grown up (turns the camera towards Tara and calls out to her) and she doesn’t listen to me.”