|Profession(s)||Model, TV Actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 155 cm
in meters- 1.55 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 1”
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green|
|Debut||Film (Telugu): Tapana (2004) as Meera
Film (Malayalam): Aparichithan (2004) as Kalyani
TV (Actor): Akela (2006) as Meghna; aired on Sony TV
TV (Contestant): Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 (2010); aired on Sony TV
|Date of Birth||1 April 1982 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||41 Years|
|School||Lilawati Vidya Mandir School, Delhi|
|College/University||University of Delhi, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation Mid-Day|
|Religion||Mahhi Vij does not follow any religion. Hindustan Times In an interview, while talking about the same, she said,
"I have been fasting for the past two years now. I don’t follow any one religion. I have observed chaliya (a 40-day fast observed in Sikhism) also, and I go to a gurudwara too. I follow rozas (during the month of Ramzan), as it’s just something I feel like doing. I would say, I had a calling, and hence, I started fasting. It feels good, and I think all good things happen to me.”
|Ethnicity||Punjabi Bollywood Shaadis|
|Tattoo||On Her Left Wrist- Her husband's name ‘Jay’
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||11 November 2011|
|Husband/Spouse||Jay Bhanushali (actor)
• Tara (born on 8 August 2019)
• Khushi (Foster)
Son- Rajveer (Foster)
|Parents||Father- Vinod Vij
Mother- Sushma Vij
|Siblings||Sister- Shilpi Vij
|Other Relatives||Cousin- Shekhar Malhotra (married to the Indian TV actress Bhumika Gurung)
|Actor(s)||Akshay Kumar, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Film(s)||Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), P.S. I Love You (2007)|
|TV Show||Bigg Boss|
|Travel Destination(s)||New Zealand, Chicago, Greece|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mahhi Vij
- Mahhi Vij is an Indian model and TV actress who is known for appearing in the Hindi TV serials ‘Laagi Tujhse Lagan’ (2009) as Nakusha and ‘Balika Vadhu’ (2016) as Nandini.
- She belongs to a middle-class family.
- She started her career as a model at the age of 17. She appeared in many fashion shows and print advertisements.
- At the beginning of her career, she faced various financial difficulties. In an interview, she talked about it. She said,
When I shifted to Mumbai I told my father that I will never be a burden on him. So there were times when we did not have money to pay rent and I did not have courage to tell my father. But somebody up in the heaven was looking after me and I would bag some project and would be able to afford the expenses.”
- She was featured in the 2002 Hindi music video “Tu, Tu Hai Wahi” (DJ Aqeel Mix).
- Mahhi has appeared in a few other Hindi music videos like “Roz Roz” (2008) by Abhijeet Bhattacharya and “Rimjhim-Rimjhim Saawan Barse” (2012) by Anuradha Paudwal.
- In 2008, she worked as an actor in Hindi TV serials such as ‘Ssshhhh…Koi Hai’ (Star Plus), ‘Kaisi Laagi Lagan’ (Sahara One), and ‘Shubh Kadam’ (Sahara One). However, she gained popularity with the Colors TV serial ‘Laagi Tujhse Lagan’ (2009) as Nakusha.
- Some of her other Hindi TV serials are ‘Na Aana Is Des Laado’ (2009; Colors), ‘Rishton Se Badi Pratha’ (2010; Colors), and ‘Laal Ishq’ (2018; And TV).
- In 2011, she appeared as one of the comedians in the Hindi TV serial ‘Comedy Circus Ka Naya Daur,’ which aired on Sony TV.
- She once met the Indian actor Jay Bhanushali at a party. However, they did not talk to each other. After almost a year, they met for the second time at a club. They became friends there and later, started dating each other. On 11 November 2011, they secretly had a court marriage. It was at the sangeet ceremony of the Indian actor Vikas Kalantri that the media came to know about their marriage after they spotted Mahhi wearing a mangalsutra. Later, there were rumours that the couple was having problems in their married life. However, the rumours turned out to be false when the couple shared their white wedding pictures on their social media accounts.
- In 2012, Mahhi and Jay participated in the celebrity dance reality TV show ‘Nach Baliye 5,’ which aired on Star Plus. The couple emerged as the winner of the show.
- Mahhi has appeared as a celebrity guest in various Colors reality TV shows such as ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5’ (2012), ‘Bigg Boss 9’ (2015), ‘Kitchen Champion 5’ (2019), and ‘Comedy Nights Bachao’ (2016).
- In 2016, she participated in the stunt-based reality TV show ‘Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 7,’ which aired on Colors.
- In 2016, Mahhi Vij had a rumoured rift with her husband Jay Bhanushali, following his intimate scenes with Surveen Chawla in the Hindi film Hate Story 2 (2014). The Asian Age
- She enjoys travelling and trying different cuisines in her leisure time.
- She has changed her name from Mahi to Mahhi by adding an extra ‘h’ at the recommendation of her astrologer. The Times of India
- In an interview, she shared that she once worked as a kindergarten teacher.
- She occasionally consumes alcohol while she is at parties or hanging out with her friends.
- Mahhi is a dog lover and owns three pet dogs named Katori, Tim Tim, and Figo. She had one more dog named Angel (deceased), and in memory of Angel, she kept her apartment’s name Angel Niwas.
- She has made promotional videos of many brands on her Instagram account.
View this post on Instagram
- She has been featured on the cover of magazines like Mother & Baby and Downtown Mirror.
- Mahhi Vij and her husband, Jay Bhanushali, are often trolled on social media for ignoring their foster children after the birth of their biological daughter Tara. However, Mahhi Vij and Jay Bhanushali claimed it to be false and stated in a conversation with a media house that all of their children were equally loved. The Indian Express
- On 31 May 2018, Mahhi, along with her husband Jay, started a YouTube channel Jay Mahhi Vlogs on which they upload their vlogs.
- In 2022, Mahhi and Jay received death threats from their newly appointed cook. The couple then filed a complaint at Oshiwara Police Station in Mumbai. In an interview, Mahhi talked about the incident. She said,
It’s been three days since he joined us and started working for us. But we recently found out about his background that he apparently did something similar in Delhi. We went to the cops and he has now been arrested. We also have videos of him where he is threatening to stab me. He also verbally abused me. I have no clue why he did something like that.”
- In the same year, while Mahhi was travelling in her car with her daughter, a man banged their car and even gave rape threats to her. Mahhi immediately filed a police complaint against the man. The Times of India
- Mahhi and Jay bought a Mercedes-Benz E-Class car in August 2022.