Age: 24 Years
Education: Bachelor Of Commerce
Caste: Gaur Brahmin
|Real Name||Jaya Sharma|
|Names Earned||'Kishori Ji,' 'Meera of Modern Era'|
|Profession||Musical Artist, Spiritual Orator|
|Famous For||Her motivational talks and Bhajans|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Date of Birth||13 July 1995 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||24 Years|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|School||• Shri Shikshayatan College, Kolkata
• Mahadevi Birla World Academy, Kolkata
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce|
|Caste||Gaur Brahmin Aaj Tak|
|Address||Balaji Ganges Complex 105 D Bidhan Nagar Road, Near Ultadanga Bidhan Nagar Railway Station, Kolkata – 700067|
|Hobbies||Singing, Listening to music|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Shiv Shankar Sharma
Mother- Sonia Sharma
|Siblings||Sister- Chetna Sharma (Younger)
|Favourite Singer||Asha Bhosle|
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi, Sushma Swaraj|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jaya Kishori
- She grew up in a spiritual environment and from a very young age, Kishori had memorised numerous Bhajans and Bhagwat Geeta.
- She was initially preached by Pt. Govindram Mishra and was also preached under the tutelage of Swami Ramsukhdas and Pandit Vinod Kumar Ji Sahal.
- Pt. Govindram Mishra used to call her ‘Radha.’ After seeing her love towards Lord Krishna, Mishra gave her the title of ‘Kishori Ji.’ Ever since then, she is attributed as ‘Kishori Ji.’
- When Jaya was just 7 years old, she sang for the first time in the Satsang held at her locality in Kolkata during the Basant Mahotsav.
- When Jaya Kishori turned 10, she sang ‘Sunder Kanda’ alone, which was liked by the public and it drew a lot of attention towards her.
- Her grandparents influenced her spiritual development as they taught her numerous Bhajans and told her many stories of Krishna.
- She has lent her voice to more than 20 albums. Some of her albums are ‘Shiv Stotra,’ ‘Sunderkand,’ ‘Mere Kanha Ki,’ ‘Shyam Tharo Khatu Pyaro,’ ‘Diwani Mein Shyam Ki,’ and ‘Hits of Jayakishori.’
- Jaya Kishori is known for her 7-day long ‘Katha Shrimadbhagwat’ and 3-day long ‘Katha Nani Bai Ro Mayro’ spiritual discourses and has carried out more than 350 of them.
- Reportedly, all the collections from her spiritual sessions are donated to Narayan Seva Sansthan in Udaipur. All of these donations come in use of providing support to disabled people.
- She has received several laurels for her work including ‘Aadarsh Yuva Adhyatmik Guru Puroskar’ by Bhartiya Chhatra Sansad, which was presented to her by RSS Chief Dr Mohan Bhagwat.
- One of her programmes holds the Guinness World Record. Sanjay Shukla and Anjali Shukla, who had organised the mass invitation of Srimad Bhagwat Katha of Kishori in 2018, and presented 1,11,000 sarees to women by going door-to-door, which was recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- She likes listening to music and can also play the harmonium.
- Kishori likes doing Yoga and promotes it overtly.
- Her Satsangs have been featured in several devotional channels.
- On 19 September 2018, she launched her app for android and iOS devices called “Jaya Kishori Ji Official App.” The app features her spiritual sessions including her Bhajans and Kathas.
References/Sources: [ + ]