Kumar Mangalam Birla Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Age: 55 Years
Father: Aditya Vikram Birla
Wife: Neerja Birla
|Real Name||Kumar Mangalam Birla|
|Profession||Chairman of Aditya Birla Group|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||In Kilograms- 75 kg
In Pounds- 165 lbs
|Date of Birth||14 June 1967|
|Age (as of 2022)||55 Years|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|College(s)||H.R. College of Commerce and Economics
London Business School
|Educational Qualification(s)||B.Com degree from H.R. College of Commerce and Economics
MBA degree from London Business School
CA (Chartered Accountant) from ICAI (India)
|Family||Father- Aditya Vikram Birla (Industrialist)
Mother- Rajashri Birla (Business Magnate)
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Vasavadatta Bajaj
|Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Shooting, Reading Books and Newspapers|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Neerja Birla (Homemaker)
|Marriage Date||17 May 1989|
|Children||Son- Aryaman Vikram Birla
Daughters- Ananya Birla (Musical Artist), Advaitesha Birla
|Cars Collection||BMW 760 Li
Sedan Security Edition and other 4 Luxury Cars
|Jets Collection||Private Jet Gulf Stream (G100)
Private Jet Cessna Citation
|Salary (approx.)||₹13.15 crore|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹1260 crores (as in 2017)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kumar Mangalam Birla
- Does Kumar Mangalam Birla smoke?: No
- Does Kumar Mangalam Birla drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born in a reputed Marwari business family, as his father Aditya Vikram Birla, was a well-known entrepreneur, and mother Rajashri Birla was a philanthropist.
- He has spent most of his childhood in Kolkata and Mumbai. His upbringing was done in very compelling circumstances where he was made continuously conscious of his family name, responsibilities, and wealth.
- Kumar was just a graduate the time he got married to Neerja Birla, but she supported him in pursuing his MBA degree and went abroad along with him.
- At the age of 28, he took over the Aditya Birla Group after the death of his father, Aditya Vikram Birla.
- He proved himself as a successful industrialist the time the Birla Group’s annual turnover rose to US$41 billion in 2015 from US$3.33 billion in 1995.
- Kumar not only strengthened the company’s position but also expanded the group to Telecom sector, Softwares, BPO, etc.
- He was also selected as the Chairman of the Ministry of Company Affairs’ Advisory Committee and the Chairman of the Board of Trade.
- In 2003, he was presented ‘The Business Man of the Year’ title by Business India, and ‘The Business Leader of the Year’ award by The Economic Times.
- Apart from handling Aditya Birla Group and other committees, he is also the Chancellor of BITS (Birla Institute of Technology & Science), Chairman of IIM Ahmedabad, IIT Delhi, and Rhodes India Scholarship Committee for Oxford University.
- As Chairman of Aditya Birla Group, he has implemented a lot of changes, which has led to the steady growth of the group.
- One of his most significant works is the radical changes he implemented in the group as the Chairman of Aditya Birla Group. He changed business strategies, professionalised the entire group and accelerated the growth of the organisation over the years.
- He was conferred the “Entrepreneur of the Decade Award” by Bombay Management Association in 2009.
- Here’s an interview with Kumar Birla at ET Now in 2011, where he has talked about his journey, accomplishments, and his vision towards his goal:
- Kumar has also been involved in some essential welfare driven activities that have helped to transform the lives of the weaker sections of society across the globe.
- In 2016, he was honoured with “CEO of the year” title, appreciating his remarkable administration.
- He has received various accolades, viz. NDTV’s Global Indian Leader of the Year in 2007, Leadership Award in 2008, NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards and Entrepreneur of the Year in 2012, and many such honours.
- Kumar Mangalam Birla was also awarded Priyadarshni Academy Award to honour his contributions towards student welfare.
- He once told in his interview that besides his busier schedule, he manages to go on a 10-day trip with his family each year.
- In January 2023, the Government of India honoured him with Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civilian honour in India. The Hindu He received the award in March 2023 from President Droupadi Murmu.