|Jemimah Ivan Rodrigues
|Scoring a double century in a 50 over cricket match
|Physical Stats & More
|ODI- Against Australia Women on 12 March 2018
Test- Not Known
T20- Against South Africa Women on 13 February 2018
|• Mumbai Women's Cricket Team
• Delhi Capitals
|Ivan Rodrigues (father)
|• second woman to score a double century in a 50 over match. (scored against Saurashtra team in November 2017)
• she was selected for the U-19 state cricket team when she was 13 years old
|In June 2018, Jemimah was awarded the Jagmohan Dalmiya Award for Best Domestic Junior Women's Cricketer
|Date of Birth
|5 September 2000 (Tuesday)
|Age (as of 2022)
|St. Joseph's Convent High School, Mumbai
|Rizvi College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Mumbai
|Christianity The Indian Express
|Relationships & More
|Father- Ivan Rodrigues
Mother- Lavita Rodrigues
|Brother- Enoch and Eli Rodrigues
|Batsman- Rohit Sharma
Bowler- Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jemimah Rodrigues
- Jemimah Rodrigues has two brothers, Enoch and Eli Rodrigues with whom she grew up and used to practice cricket. She started playing season cricket at the age of four.
- Born and brought-up in Bhandup, the family moved to Bandra West so that the children could avail of better sports facilities. Her father, Ivan Rodrigues was a coach in her school and he helped in forming the girl’s cricket team at her school.
- Before playing cricket professionally, Jemimah Rodrigues was selected in the U-17 and U-19 Maharashtra hockey teams. She loved playing hockey and cricket in her school days.
- In November 2017, Jemimah became the second woman player to score a double century in a 50 over match. She scored 202 runs in just 163 balls against the Saurashtra team in Aurangabad. Before this, she scored 178 runs off 142 balls in an Under-19 tournament. This match was against the Gujarat team. Smriti Mandhana was the first woman cricketer to make this record.
- She was selected for the Indian women’s cricket team to be a part of the three-match ODI series against South Africa in February 2018. Jemimah made her debut for Women’s Twenty20 International Cricket in February 2018 against South Africa. Her one-day international cricket debut was in March 2018 against Australia women.
- In October 2018, she went on for the 2018 ICC Women’s World Twenty20 tournament as part of the Indian team in West Indies. After the tournament, Jemimah was selected as the standout player by the International Cricket Council. After looking at her extraordinary performance, Jemimah was signed by the firm Baseline Ventures to manage all her commercial interests. In January 2020, she became a part of the Indian team for the 2020 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup.
- In her leisure time, Jemimah likes to sing and play guitar. She often posts videos of her playing guitar and singing on her Instagram account. She sometimes makes funny videos with her siblings as well.
View this post on Instagram
Along with what Smriti said, you should watch the third video too ? . Repost @smriti_mandhana – Apart from irritating each other this is what we do in our free time?? @jemimahrodrigues P.S: Don't miss the 2nd video? . ?: @radhay21 @shafalisverma17 3rd video credits- @hoezaay
- Jemimah Rodrigues was part of English countryside Yorkshire Diamonds, an English Women’s Cricket Twenty20 cricket team located in Leeds, Yorkshire. Along with this, she also plays for IPL Supernovas.
- Jemimah comes from a sports family as her dad was a coach in her school. He taught her everything since the beginning and this has helped her follow a strict regime throughout her life. Jemimah visits the gym every day for two hours and then she does two practice sessions with intervals. She is also active on her social media as it helps her take a break from everything.
- Jemimah grew up watching Sachin Tendulkar play and she is a huge fan of Master Blaster. Apart from him, she is also a big fan of Rohit Sharma and his technique of playing the game. Yahoo Cricket
- In February 2023, she was sold to Delhi Capitals for Rs 2.2 crore at the inaugural Women’s Premier League (WPL) auction. Sportstar