Age: 38 Years
Hometown: New Delhi
Caste: Punjabi Rajput
|Real Name||Atishi Singh|
|Political Party||Aam Admi Party
|Political Journey||• Joined the Aam Admi Party (AAP) in 2013
• She was involved in the policy formulation of AAP when the party was being formed
• She serves as a member of the AAP's Executive body- The Political Affairs Committee
• Appointed as the spokesperson of the party in 2013
• Appointed as the Advisor to the Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi, Manish Sisodia, on Education from July 2015 to April 2018
• Appointed as the Lok Sabha in-charge of the East Delhi Constituency for the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections
• Contested the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections from the East-Delhi Constituency but lost
|Date of Birth||8 June 1981|
|Age (as in 2019)||38 Years|
|School||Springdales School, New Delhi|
|College/University||• St. Stephen's College, New Delhi
• Oxford University, England
|Educational Qualification||• Graduation in History from the St. Stephen's College New Delhi in 2001
• Masters in History from the Oxford University, England in 2003
|Address||K-67, Jangpura Extension, New Delhi|
|Hobbies||Reading Philosophy and Psychology Books|
|Controversies||• She was removed from the post of Advisor to the Deputy CM of Delhi on Education by the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi. AAP claimed that BJP removed her as they were trying to suppress women and did not want reforms to happen in the education field. BJP responded to this by saying that Atishi was removed as there was no official post of an Advisor to the Deputy CM of Delhi, and if the Delhi Government creates any such post in future, they will be happy to reinstate Atishi.
• In May 2019, a pamphlet was distributed in the East-Delhi constituency, containing derogatory remarks about Atishi, Manish Sisodia and Arvind Kejriwal. AAP held a press conference and accused that these pamphlets were distributed by Atishi's opponent for the Lok Sabha Elections, Gautam Gambhir. Gambhir dismissed these allegations and challenged that if proven that he had distributed the pamphlets, he'll quit politics
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Parents||Father- Vijay Singh
Mother- Tripta Singh
|Assets/Properties (as in 2019)||Movable: INR 65.04 Lacs
Cash: INR 50,000
Bank Deposits: INR 46.60 Lacs
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 1.2 Crores (as in 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Atishi Marlena
- Atishi Marlena is an Indian politician from the Aam Admi Party. She is an Oxford graduate.
- She was the topper of Delhi University in 2001.
- After her education in Oxford, she was awarded the Rhodes ScholarshipWikipedia. She later joined the Magdalen College, Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar in 2005.
- Since her childhood, she has been interested in social work. She participates in a lot of social campaigns and initiatives.
- In 2006 she taught at the Rishi Valley School, Andhra Pradesh. She used to teach English and History.
- In 2006, she moved to Bhopal. There, she got herself involved in organic farming and providing progressive education systems. She had worked with a lot of NGO’s. It was during this period when she met several AAP members including Prashant Bhushan, Manish Sisodia and many more.
- She always had an interest in public policy. She was interested in Anna Hazare’s 2011 Indian Anti-corruption movement. She observed the whole movement as an outsider and later stated that single-issue campaigns were always ineffective.
- She was an advisor to the Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia in the field of education. It helped her gain popularity and she also became an important member of AAP.
- AAP announced Atishi’s name as their candidate for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections from the East-Delhi Constituency.
- While campaigning, she was often accompanied by Manish Sisodia and Swara Bhaskar.
- In May 2019, she accused Gautam Gambhir of distributing pamphlets that contained abuses and derogatory remarks about her. In a press conference, as she read out the statements written about her in the pamphlet, she broke down and started crying. Manish Sisodia, who was present with her in the press conference, read the rest of the pamphlet which also named him and Arvind Kejriwal.
- In response to her accusations, Gautam Gambhir sent defamation notices to Atishi, Manish Sisodia and Arvind Kejriwal. He also challenged them to prove that it was Gambhir who had distributed those pamphlets; and if proven guilty, he would quit politics.
— Gautam Gambhir (@GautamGambhir) May 9, 2019
References/Sources: [ + ]