|Full Name||John Francis Kelly|
|Branch/Service||United States Marine Corps|
|Years of Service||1970-2016 (including inactive reserves between 1972-1976)|
|Wars/Battles||• Persian Gulf War (Operation Desert Storm).
• Iraq War
|Awards/Honors||• Defense Distinguished Service Medal
• Defense Superior Service Medal
• Legion of Merit with Valor
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 191 cm
in meters- 1.91 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 90 kg
in Pounds- 198 lbs
|Hair Color||White (Semi-Bald)|
|Date of Birth||11 May 1950|
|Age (as in 2017)||67 Years|
|Birth Place||Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|College/University||University of Massachusetts, Boston
Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
|Educational Qualifications||B.A. from University of Massachusetts, Boston
M.A. from Georgetown University
M.S. from National Defense University
|Family||Father- Name Not Known (a postal worker in Brighton)
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Favorite Politician||Donald Trump|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||October 1976|
|Children||Sons- Robert Kelly (killed in 2010), John Kelly Jr. ( a Marine Corps Major)
Daughter- Kathleen Kelly (worked for the American Red Cross at Walter Reed)
|Net Worth (approx.)||$4 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About John Kelly
- Does John Kelly smoke?: Not Known
- Does John Kelly drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born in an Irish Catholic Family in Boston, Massachusetts.
- His father was a postal worker in Brighton.
- Before reaching the age of 16, John hitchhiked to Washington State and rode the trains back. He also rode a freight-hop from Seattle to Chicago.
- He also served in the United States Merchant Marine for one year where his first overseas tour was taking 10,000 tons of beer to Vietnam.
- In 1970, Kelly was enlisted in the Marines after his mother told him that his draft number was coming up.
- In 1972, he was discharged from active duty as a sergeant.
- In October 1976, he married Karen Hernest and both have 3 children. However, they lost their son, Robert, in a tragedy in 2010, who was killed in action while stepping on a landmine leading a platoon of Marines on a patrol in Sangin, Afghanistan.
- On 20 January 2017, Donald Trump appointed John F Kelly Secretary of Homeland Security. He served there for 6 months only, which is the shortest term in the office’s history.