|Known for||• Being the younger brother of Sports Minister Anurag Thakur
• Being appointed as the chairman of the Indian Premier League (IPL) in 2022
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Date of Birth||25 August 1976 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||46 Years|
|Birthplace||Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh|
|Hometown||Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh|
|Political Inclination||Bharatiya Janata Party
Note: He often posts about BJP on his social media posts.
|Controversy||Accused of occupying land illegally
In 2013, Arun and his brother Anurag were accused of occupying a land illegally. In an FIR filed against Arun and Anurag, it was mentioned that they purchased a land from a Dalit man named Premu and gave money to the officials to forge documents. It was alleged that they had broken the law that said the land could not be sold before 20 years. At the time of the sale, the owner was in possession of the land only for fifteen years. In an interview, the brothers talked about this and said,
This is political vendetta to malign me and HPCA and tarnish my image. If Virbhadra Singh thinks that by registering two more FIRS, they (Congress) can win Lok Sabha elections, then he can go ahead with it. We will fight the case and vindicate our position." First Post
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||27 May 2003|
|Children||Son- Dhruv Pratap Singh
Daughter- Nayantara Dhumal (picture in wife section)
|Parents||Father- Prem Kumar Dhumal (politician)
Mother- Sheela Devi (homemaker)
Note: His father was a two-time Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh, from 1998 to 2002 and 2008 to 2013.
|Siblings||Brother- Anurag Thakur (politician)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arun Singh Dhumal
- Arun Singh Dhumal is an Indian businessman who is the younger brother of the Sports Minister Anurag Thakur. In 2022, he was appointed as the chairman of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- Arun started his career as a businessman. On 1 October 2002, he was appointed as the director of Sant Valves Private Limited, Jalandhar. In 2014, he became the director of Jaiaditya Holdings Private Limited, Jalandhar.
- In 2012, he became the director of the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association.
- In 2013, he gained a lot of popularity when he took to social media to question the increase in Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh’s income between 2008 to 2011.
- In 2019, he was appointed as the treasurer of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). It was reported that there was no one who stood against Arun for the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association president’s vote. After becoming the treasurer of the board, the
decision was questioned by a lot of people who claimed that he was chosen because of dynasty politics.
- According to some reports released in 2022, BCCI’s treasury under Arun increased by Rs 6000 crore in three years from 2019 to 2022.
- In 2022, he was appointed as the chairman of IPL. The same position was offered to Sourav Ganguly, but he denied it. In the interview, Arun talked about this and said,
He was offered IPL chairmanship, else Roger would never have had a chance, he is 67 (age limit being 70). He has been a World Cup winner for us, that was the view of the house. If Dada accepted IPL chairmanship, I would have been out. And I would have been okay with that.”