|Known For||• Being the youngest Member of Parliament of Kerala Legislative Assembly
• State Secretary of Student's Federation of India, Kerala State
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Political Party||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|Political Journey||Elected as
• 2021: State secretary of SFI committee in Kerala
• 3 May 2021: Member of Parliament from the Balussery constituency for 15th Kerala Legislative Assembly
|Date of Birth||18 October 1993 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||28 Years|
|Birthplace||Nellikkode, Kerala, India|
|Hometown||Nellikkode, Kerala, India|
|School||Savio Higher Secondary School, Medical College Campus, Kozhikode, Kerala
|College/University||• Government Arts And Science College, Meenchanda, Kozhikode, Kerala
• Government Law College Kozhikode, Kerala
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor's degree in English from Government Arts and Science College, Kozhikode, Kerala
• Bachelor of Laws from Government Law College, Kozhikode, Kerala The Indian Express
|Hobbies||Singing, Reading books|
|Controversies My Neta||Brief Details of IPCs filled against K.M. Sachin Dev
• IPC Section-332: 2 charges related to Voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty
• IPC Section-253: 1 charges related to Possession of Indian coin by person who knew it to be altered when he became possessed thereof
• IPC Section-308: 1 charges related to Attempt to commit culpable homicide
• IPC Section-143: 7 charges related to Punishment for Being member of an unlawful assembly
• IPC Section-147: 7 charges related to Punishment for Rioting
• IPC Section-149: 6 charges related to Every member of unlawful assembly guilty of offence committed in prosecution of common object
• IPC Section-28: 4 charges related to Danger or obstruction in public way or line of navigation
• IPC Section-145: 2 charges related to Joining or continuing in unlawful assembly, knowing it has been commanded to disperse
• IPC Section-448: 1 charges related to Punishment for house-trespass
• IPC Section-148: 1 charges related to Rioting, armed with deadly weapon
• IPC Section-323: 1 charges related to Punishment for voluntarily causing hurt
• IPC Section-427: 1 charges related to Mischief causing damage to the amount of fifty rupees
• IPC Section-153: 1 charges related to Wantonly giving provocation with intent to cause riot-if rioting be committed-if not committed
• IPC Section-183: 1 charges related to Resistance to the taking of property by the lawful authority of a public servant
|Relationships & More|
|Girlfriend||Arya Rajendran (politician)
|Parents||Father- K.M Nandakumar (retired employee of Mathrubhumi)
Mother- M.Sheeja (teacher at a government school in Kozhikode)
|Siblings||Sister- Sandra K.M|
|Assets/Properties My Neta||Movable Assets
Cash: Rs 16,000
Deposits in Banks: Rs 11,50,208
LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs 40,000
Motor Vehicles: Rs 2,38,000
Jewellery: Rs 2,55,000
Other assets: Rs 16,99,208
Total: Rs 16,99,208
Agricultural Land: Rs 2,31,24,000
Residential Buildings: Rs 20,00,000
Total: Rs 2,51,24,000
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs 2,68,23,20 My Neta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About K.M. Sachin Dev
- K.M. Sachin Dev is an Indian politician. In 2021, he was elected as a Member of Parliament from the Balussery constituency for 15th Kerala Legislative Assembly. He is the youngest politician to become a member of the Kerala Legislative Assembly.
- Sachin Dev was born and raised in Nellikkode locality of Kerala, India. He had interest in politics since his graduation days and began his political career while pursuing his bachelors in law. He joined Students Federation of India (SFI), an Indian left-wing student organisation, politically aligned to the ideology and political views of the Communist Party of India (Marxist). His efforts and knowledge regarding student welfare received great recognition and later, he was appointed as the Union Chairman of association in college. He was provided with the office of president. His continuous efforts and commitment towards his work was commendable which earned him the position of secretary of SFI Kozhikode district committee.
- In 2021, he was appointed as the state secretary of SFI committee in Kerala, and the All India Joint Secretary of SFI.
- After completing his formal education, he decided to pursue his career in the political field and joined Communist Party of India (Marxist). By this time he was among the popular members of the Communist Party of India in Kerala. His work has brought huge advantages to the party in multiple and because of it he was given a ticket to contest election for the year 2021 from the Balussery State assembly constituency, one of the largest state legislative assembly constituencies in Kerala state which is included in the Kozhikode Lok Sabha constituency. The total percentage of voters in Balusseri Assembly Constituency was recorded as 78.18 percent. K.M. Sachin Dev won the election with the huge margin of 20,372 votes. He scored a total of 91,839 votes of the total 1,82,253 polled in the constituency defeating his opponent Dharmajan Bolgatty of the Indian National Congress who scored 71,467 votes. Bharatiya Janata Party’s candidate, Libin Bhaskar scored 16,490 votes.
- In 2021, K.M. was actively supporting the Students Federation of India (SFI) in challenging The Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019, claiming it is “discriminatory” in nature and is “destructive” for the core principles of Indian constitutionalism. Kerala government was the first State to challenge the CAA in the Supreme Court. The official statement claimed that CAA was a violation to human rights, it stated,
The Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019 is violative of Article 14 of the Constitution since it discriminates only on the ground of religion, inasmuch as identically situated persons who face persecution in India’s neighbourhood stand excluded from the beneficial embrace of the act only because they do not fall within the six religious communities listed in the Act.”
- In February 2022, Sachin Dev was announced to be getting married to Arya Rajendran, an Indian politician also belonging to Communist Party of India (Marxist). She is popular for being the youngest mayor in the country. In December 2020, she was appointed to serve as a mayor of the Thiruvananthapuram Corporation in Kerala. During a media interaction Arya shared the news with the media and said,
We have informed both our families and the party about our decision, but nothing has been decided on the marriage yet. It will not happen immediately for reasons including studies. It is not our decision alone. Both our families have spoken to each other. We both follow the same political ideology and have worked together at the organisational level, including in the Students Federation of India (SFI).”
- K.M. Sachin Dev and Arya Rajendran has known each other for years as they knew each other since their college days when they used to work as members of the Students Federation of India (SFI). As soon as the couple gets married, they will become the newest CPI(M) couple. This practice of getting married to a leader from the same party is a general trend in the state. The list of some other political couples from CPI(M) includes: legendary A.K. Gopalan (the first Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha) and Susheela Gopalan, T.V. Thomas and K.R.Gowri, present State Education Minister V.Sivankutty and Parvathy, former Rajya Sabha member A. Vijayaraghavan and State Higher Education Minister K. Bindhu, State Tourism Minister P.A. Mohammed Riyas with Veena Vijayan- daughter of Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan besides former legislator James Mathew and Sukanaya.
- K.M. Sachin Dev is very active on social media. He is followed by more than 23k followers on his Instagram account. More than 40k people follow him on his Facebook page.
- The young politician is an environmentalist. He often shares pictures of himself planting tress on his social media handles.
- He enjoys playing football during his leisure time.