Hometown: Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 23 Years
|Famous For||Becoming the youngest mayor in Kerala and being one of two the youngest mayors in India, after Suman Koli (elected mayor from Rajasthan's Bharatpur in 2009)|
|Political Party||Communist Party of India (Marxist)
|Political Journey||• In December 2020, she was elected as the Municipal Councillor from the Mudavanmughal ward of Thiruvananthapuram, defeating the UDF candidate Sreekala by a margin of 2872 votes.
• In December 2020, she was sworn in as the mayor of the Thiruvananthapuram Corporation at the 2020 Kerala local body elections.
|Date of Birth||12 January 1999 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||23 Years|
|Birthplace||Mudavanmugal, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala|
|Hometown||Mudavanmugal, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala|
|School||• Carmel Girls Higher Secondary School, Trivandrum
• Government Higher Secondary School for Girls Cotton Hill, Thiruvananthapuram
|College/University||All Saints' College, Trivandrum (2019-present)|
|Educational Qualification||BSc Mathematics (pursuing) Gulf News|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Sachin Dev (politician)|
|Parents||Father- Rajendran (Electrician)
Mother- Sreelatha (Insurance agent)
|Sibling||Brother- Aaravind (Automobile engineer)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arya Rajendran
- Arya Rajendran is a young politician from Kerala, who rose to popularity after becoming the Mayor of Thiruvananthapuram at a mere age of 21 years.
- She was born into a left-wing political family. Her parents are members of the CPI (M) for nearly three decades.
- Following in her parents’ footsteps, Arya Rajendran embarked on her political career quite early in her childhood. She joined the Balasangam, the children’s organisation affiliated to the CPI-M, as a child activist when she was in the fifth standard. She is now the state president of Balasangam.
- When Arya went to college in 2019, she became a member of the Students Federation of India (SFI), the students’ wing of the CPI-M, and continued her political career.
- On 28 December 2020, Arya Rajendran was sworn in as the mayor of Thiruvananthapuram, after she received 54 votes out of 99 votes cast by MCs of Thiruvananthapuram. After attaining the post, Arya Rajendran was quoted as the youngest mayor in India by a number of media channels; however, Suman Koli, who became the mayor of Rajasthan’s Bharatpur in 2009, was also 21 years old when she was elected.
- After winning the election, Arya’s priority in her first term as Thiruvananthapuram’s mayor will be to build more primary health centres and improve waste management activities in Thiruvananthapuram.
- Even after becoming the mayor of Thiruvananthapuram, Arya said she will focus on her duties as the mayor and will also pay equal attention to her studies.