|Famous For||• Being in the film 'Fashion' with Kangana Ranaut and Priyanka Chopra in 2008.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.8 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121.254 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||31-25-31|
|Debut||Film: Fashion (2008)|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Being crowned as Pantaloons Miss India 2011.
• Represented India at the Miss World 2011 pageant.
|Date of Birth||21 September 1988 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||33 Years|
|College/University||College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce|
|Food Habit||Non- Vegetarian Kanishtha Dhankar- Instagram|
|Tattoo||Arrow on left hand
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Edward Lalrempuia (Model) (2017)
|Parents||Father- Raj Singh Dhankhar (Commodore in the Indian Navy)
Mother- Kusum Malhan Dhankhar (School Teacher)
|Siblings||Brother- Name Not Known
Sister- Nika (Writer)
|Food||Dal and rice with ghee|
|Film(s)||Hollywood- Moulin Rouge (2001), Lord of the Ring trilogy (2001), Inception (2010), Bourne series 92002-2016), The shining (1980), Lost in translation (2003), Matrix (1999), The Devil Wears Prada (2006), The Beach (2000), Gladiator (2000), Troy (2004)|
|Perfume||Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel|
|Indian Designers||Sabyasachi Mukherjee|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kanishtha Dhankar
- Kanishtha Dhankar was born in Mumbai at a naval base and, her ancestors are from Haryana. Her grandfather and grandmother live in the village in the Jhajjar district. As Kanishtha`s parents were working, she spent most of the time with her grandparents. She has good bonding with her grandparents.
- Kanishtha Dhankar started her modelling career in college. When she told her parents that she wanted to become a model, her parents said that she could start modelling but her grades should not suffer.
- She appeared in the film ‘Fashion’ in 2008 opposite Kangana Ranaut and Priyanka Chopra.
- In 2011, after winning Pantaloons Miss India 2011 and representing India in Miss World 2011 pageant in London, she moved to New York in 2013 and walked the ramp for Mercedes Benz fashion week spring summer 2013.
- She also walked ramps for Lakme Fashion Week, Wills India fashion week, Couture Week and many others.
- She has done shoots for Vogue (2017), Elle (2016), Grazia (2018), Harpers Bazaar (2016), Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan and has also been on the cover of Elle (2016), Marie Claire, Grazia (2019), and Cosmopolitan.
- Currently, Kanishtha speaks about sustainability, human rights and a clean yogic lifestyle.
- She believes in a sustainable and holistic approach to life and wants to work in areas of education, gender, sustainability and international development.
- She has been volunteering Seoul International Women’s Association (SIWA Korea) and Eastern Social Welfare Society.
- She practices yoga regularly. She often uploads videos of herself doing yoga on Instagram.
- In an interview, Kanishtha shared her skincare and haircare routine. She said,
When it comes to my hair I love fenugreek seeds and coconut oil. Warm the oil and throw in the seeds. Turn the heat off after the seeds start to crackle. I think it’s one of the best home remedies to keep your hair nourished. When it comes to my skin, I make a pack of yoghurt with honey and lemon”.
- In another interview, when she was asked about her views on Bollywood actresses pictures being printed on magazine covers, she said,
Yes, I think it makes all of us sad because we aren’t given our place in the industry as you can see that we barely get one cover in a year. Also people who work in a magazine know that they have to pitch Bollywood actresses because they are beautiful women, they are influential and which is why they are on the cover. But I wish that the fashion industry grows further and be able to do what they need to.”
- She denied being a part of any item song. In an interview, she said,
I don’t think I am open to doing item songs. If I do a Bollywood movie then it would be something that should have a message in it, like ‘3 Idiots’, ‘Guzaarish’. I want to do something where I can spread the message and make a difference.”
- She also gave her opinion about the difference between National and International modelling. In an interview, she said that the international modelling industry is way more professional than the Indian. She further added that this is the reason they take their work seriously.
- Kanishtha gave advice to the people about self-love and accepting one`s own body. She said in an interview,
Never compare yourself to anyone else. You’re unique. It shouldn’t matter what the world thinks of your size; in fact, I don’t even know what the ‘perfect’ dress size should be! Talking from an insider’s perspective, don’t get fooled by everything you see on TV or in magazines. Keep it real. There’s a lot of Photoshop-ing happening that makes everyone appear more glamorous. It can do horrible things to your selfesteem. Do a little research and you’ll find that nobody’s perfect. Know it and own it.”
- Kanishtha has done shoots for Sabyasachi.
- She believes that modelling is about the personality of a person. It is about who he/she is and not how they look.
- She follows Buddhism and applies its teaching to her life. According to her, whatever a person does, he/she will get back the same thing.
- She also said in an interview that street style to her means wearing whatever clothes a person likes.
- Her favourite Miss World is actress Aishwarya Rai. She said in an interview that she has been doing a lot of social work.