Karan Adani Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Age: 35 Years
Hometown: Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Wife: Paridhi Shroff
|Full name||Karan Gautam Adani|
|Famous for||Being the son of the Indian business tycoon and the founder of the Adani group Gautam Adani|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||7 April 1987 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|Hometown||Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|College/University||Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, US|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Economics The Times of India|
|Religion||Jainism Jagran TV|
|Ethnicity||Gujarati Jagran TV|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||11 February 2013|
|Wife/Spouse||Paridhi Shroff (daughter of Cyril Shroff, an Indian corporate lawyer and managing partner of Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas)
Daughter- Anuradha Karan Adani (Born in 2016)
|Parents||Father- Gautam Adani (Businessman)
Mother- Priti Adani (Dentist and Philanthropist)
|Siblings||Brother- Jeet Adani (Younger; Businessman)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Karan Adani
- Karan Adani is an Indian businessman and the scion of the Adani Group. He is the elder son of Gautam Adani, an Indian business tycoon and the founder of the Adani group. As of September 2022, Karan’s father is the richest person in India and Asia and the third richest person in the world.
- He grew up in a Gujarati family in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- After pursuing his graduation in Economics, Karan joined his family business Adani Port and SEZ Ltd as a director.
- He began by learning the intricacies of the port operations at Mundra port, Kutch, Gujarat. Reportedly, Karan used to travel to Mundra port by train during his first two years at Adani Port and SEZ Ltd.; He travelled by train for a better understanding of the diverse portfolio at Mundra port.
- In 2014, under his leadership, Adani Ports & SEZ Limited won the Economic Times Award in the Emerging Company category. The award was received by Karan Adani on the company’s behalf.
- In 2016, Karan was elevated to the position of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Adani Port and SEZ Ltd.
- As the head of the organisation, Karan worked for the expansion and development of Adani ports and terminals, industrial lands, and logistics by arranging several campaigns.
- In 2018, Karan-led APSEZ acquired a 97% stake in Marine Infrastructure Developer from Larsen and Toubro for Rs. 1,950 crores, getting the ownership of the Kattupalli Port (about 30 km from Chennai Port and adjoining the Ennore Port) in Tamil Nadu. Kattupalli Port is the 10th port in the APSEZ network. During an interview, while talking about the acquisition, Karan Adani said,
We are thankful to the Tamil Nadu government and the ministry of commerce for giving approvals in record time. Adani Ports is committed to making Katupalli Port one of the largest ports in southern India. We are going to start our construction to diversify the cargo of the port and will be adding 40 MMT of new capacity in the next three years. We are confident that with our superior infrastructure and efficient handling of cargo we will be able to reduce the logistics cost of industries in the region and be one of the engines of growth.”
- In the same year, Karan featured on Forbes India’s maiden ‘tycoons of tomorrow’ list of 22 young achievers. Business Today
- Apparently, under the leadership of Karan Adani, Adani Port and SEZ Ltd (APSEZ) has grown from two ports to a string of 10 ports and terminals within a few years.
- In 2019, the Adani Group entered into a 50-year public-private partnership with the Airports Authority of India to operate and develop six airports in smaller “non-metro” cities across the country. The airports included Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Jaipur International Airport, Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport, Mangalore International Airport, and Trivandrum International Airport. The projects were handed over to Karan Adani for execution.
- Known for his hands-on approach and peerless execution skills, Karan Adani played a major role in the acquisition of Ambuja Cements and ACC by the Adani Group for Rs. 640 crores.
- Karan was appointed as the Chairman of ACC Limited, an Indian cement producer, headquartered in Mumbai, on 16 September 2022. He was also appointed as the non-executive director of Ambuja Cement.
- According to Karan’s Twitter account bio, he is tech-savvy. His bio also read that he was striving to create economic growth through sustainable business practices. Karan Adani- Twitter
- An active philanthropist, Karan has organised several events and campaigns for the betterment of society. He has also organised several blood donation camps and has been a blood donor many times.
- During an interview, Karan revealed that his source of inspiration was his father. He further said that Gautam Adani had given him three pieces of instrumental advice that have helped Karan personally and professionally- the first was to remain grounded, second, to keep it simple, and third, to always consider scale.
|↑1||The Times of India|
|↑2, ↑3||Jagran TV|
|↑5||Karan Adani- Twitter|