|Full name||Kranti Redkar Wankhede (After marriage) Kranti Redkar- Instagram|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Singer, Filmmaker|
|Famous For||Marathi song “Kombdi Palali” from the film ‘Jatra'
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-27-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film (Actor): Marathi film “Soon Asavi Ashi” (2000)
|Awards||• She won the Golden Camera Award for Best Director for the film “Kaakan” at Nashik International Film Festival (2015).
• She achieved Zeetalkies Comedy Award for Best Actress for the film “Murder Mestri” (2016).
|Date of Birth||17 August 1982 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||39 Years|
|School||Cardinal Gracias High School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai|
|Religion||Hinduism India Today|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Republic World|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Listening to music, Cooking|
|Controversy||In 2013, Kranti Redkar was alleged to be involved in a match-fixing case with cricketer Sreesanth. A Hindi news channel showed that Kranti was also involved in the case, but she totally denied the accusations and said that she was at a different place for the shooting of a film. The matter was later solved as the channel said that the name of the culprit was same as Kranti`s, which created a confusion for them. Later, she filed a defamation case against the channel. The Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||29 March 2017|
|Husband||Sameer Wankhede (IRS officer)
|Parents||Father- Dinanath Redkar (Actor, Producer, Director, Writer)
Mother- Urmila Redkar
|Children||She has twin daughters named Zyda and Ziya.
|Siblings||Sister(s) - 2
• Sanjana Wavhal
• Hridaya Banerjee
|Food||Chicken pesto sandwich|
|Travel Destination(s)||Scotland, London|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kranti Redkar
- Kranti Redkar is a Marathi actress, singer, and filmmaker.
- Kranti Redkar`s Instagram handle goes with the name Kranti Redkar Wankhede (after marriage). Kranti Redkar- Instagram
- She was interested in acting since childhood. When she was 3, she played the role of Mother Teresa in a play in her school.
- At the age of 5, in a school function, Kranti danced for the first time on stage. Reportedly, she exactly emulated Mithun Chakraborty‘s dance steps to the song “Julie Julie.”
- She started doing plays during the initial days of her career.
- She made her acting debut with the Marathi film “Soon Asavi Ashi” in 2000.
- In 2003, she appeared in Prakash Jha’s blockbuster film Gangaajal alongside Ajay Devgan.
- She is also known for her Marathi song “Kombdi Palali” from the 2006 Marathi film “Jatra.”
- She was seen in other movies that include “Shahanpan Dega Deva,” “No Entry Pudhe Dhoka Aahey,” “Pipani,” and “Karaar.”
- Kranti made her debut as a director with the Marathi film ‘Kaakan’ in 2014.
- She has also sung the song ‘Lootla’ from the Marathi film ‘Kiran Kulkarni vs Kiran Kulkarni.’
- On her Instagram, she shared her transformation after she gave birth to her twins. In the post, she inspired other women to lose weight. She said,
Shedding weight takes time ladies but be at it . Don’t be lazy, eat healthy and not fattening food. Don’t miss your workout. The goal should never be losing weight. It should be to get fit . You may workout for 4 hours but if you are not eating right it will never give results. And ladies don’t pressure yourself , your body has done so much for you , let it take its own time , it might be quick for some of you and might be slow for some of you.”
- Kranti is an avid dog lover, and she often posts her pictures playing with them on social media.
- She is a worshipper of Lord Ganesha, and she often posts her pictures worshipping Lord Ganesha on Ganesh Chaturthi.
- She does not have any biological brother, and she ties Rakhi to Omkar Mangesh Datt who is a storyteller.
- In an Instagram post, she talked about how she felt being a mother of twins. She said,
I will never be the same as I was before I delivered ZYDA AND ZIYA . It’s me , a new person. Vulnerable, always scared, emotional yet strong , always divided between two worlds, always divided between two babies. Today I am a superwoman who can go to any length to do anything for my babies. I use to wonder when I read miraculous stories about these mothers who did unbelievable things for their kids , how did they ? From where did they gather that strength? Today I get it.. it comes as a bi-product of being a mother. With no special efforts a mother can do wonders , she can sacrifice everything she has to see her baby smile just once.”
- In 2019, she was featured in the movie “Rocky” in which she played the role of a police officer.
- In 2021, in an interview, Kranti talked about her husband`s work and said,
Sameer has always been a hard worker. His operations and cases were there even before too. Today, he is dealing with Bollywood-related drug probe cases, which is why it is getting highlighted. I give him his space when he is investigating or working on operations. I never ask him what happened, how it happened because I respect the secrecy of his job. I take care of everything at home, which is why he can concentrate on his cases more.”
- She follows the quote ‘Hell is empty and all the devils are here’ by William Shakespeare.
- After Nawab Malik (Minority Development, Aukaf, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Minister of Maharashtra) tweeted about Sameer Wankhede’s Muslim name, she took to Twitter on 25 October 2021 to defend her husband. She tweeted that both of them were born Hindus and had never converted to any other religion.
Me n my Husband Sameer r born Hindus.We hv never converted to any other religion.V respect all religions.Sameer’s father too is hindu married to my Muslim Mom in law who is no more.Sameer’s ex-marriage ws under special marriage act,divorced in 2016.Ours in hindu marriage act 2017 pic.twitter.com/BDQsyuvuI7
— Kranti Redkar Wankhede (@KrantiRedkar) October 25, 2021