Some Lesser Known Facts About Krishnan Ganesh
- Does Krishnan Ganesh smoke?: Not Known
- Does Krishnan Ganesh drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Krishnan was only 9-years old when his father died in a car accident.
- After completing his MBA degree, he began working as an executive assistant to Shiv Nadar, founder and chairman of HCL Technologies.
- Krishnan, along with his friends, then founded his own business venture, named IT&T, one of India’s top multi-vendor IT service and support company, in 1990. He remained the director of the company before it was sold to iGate in 2003.
- Subsequently, he and his wife, Meena, who is best-known for her tenure with Microsoft and Tesco, laid the foundation of ‘CustomerAsset’, an international BPO centre. The company was eventually bought by ICICI Limited and is now publicly listed in India as ‘First Source Solutions.’ Notably, he made a $20 million fortune by selling his stake in the company.
- The same year, he was offered to invest in, guide and mentor a company, named Metrics, which was being run by young IIT and IIM graduates. Later, Metrics was sold for a whopping $65 million to WNS Global Services.
- In 2006, he entered the education sector, which he had always thought as a potential area, with an online tutoring website named TutorVista. This, again, like all of his other businesses, was sold to US and UK listed education leader Pearson for a hefty INR 1,000 crore.
- Along with his wife, he then founded a healthcare company, called Portea Medical. The organization aims at delivering world-class medical care services from highly qualified and certified professionals directly at your home.
- Apart from this, Krishnan serves as a promoter/strategic investor to companies like bluestone.com, bigbasket.com, homelane.com, freshmenu.com, etc.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)