|Profession(s)||Educator, a mental health activist and a philanthropist|
|Famous For||Being the wife of Kumar Mangalam Birla|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Neerja is the recepient of the Icon of Excellence Award by FICCI-FLO–Sambhavaa and Woman of Excellence Award by FICCI’s Ladies Wing for her dedicated and influential work for the Indian society.
• In 2017, she was honoured with the Hall of Fame award by Hello Magazine.
• In December 2017, she was honoured by The New Indian Express with the DEVI award.
|Date of Birth||15 April 1971 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||50 Years|
|College/University||University of Derby|
|Educational Qualification||She attained a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Derby. Thrive Global|
|Hobbies||Playing outdoor sports, reading books, listening to music, and travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband||Kumar Mangalam Birla
|Parents||Father- Shambhukumar Kasliwal
Mother- Name Not Known
|Children||Son- Aryaman Birla
Daughter- Ananya Birla and Advaitesha Birla
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neerja Birla
- Neerja Birla is the wife of the chairman of the Aditya Birla Group, Kumar Mangalam Birla. Neerja is an educator, a mental health activist, and a philanthropist.
- Neerja is the founder of the Mpower organisation. This venture aims towards moulding the attitude of the people towards mental health improvement. Its goals are to improve mental health, reduce stigma, and provide quality care to poor and needy people in the country. As per Neerja, in Indian society, nobody talks freely about mental health concerns. In an interview with India Education Diary, she revealed that meditation and Pranayama could heal the ill effects of mental problems. She narrated her own journey into mental well being. She stated,
Mental health is stigmatized in our society. It leads to a loss of expression as one cannot talk freely about their mental health concerns. Meditation and helping others heal through my work have in turn helped me as well. It also allowed me to pursue my own spiritual journey of healing. I am happy that over the last five years, there is a growing awareness among people regarding mental health issues.”
- Neerja Birla is the head of an educational institution in India named The Aditya Birla World Academy.
- The Aditya Birla Integrated School is also managed by Neerja Birla. A holistic and personalised learning environment is provided to the mentally disabled children in these schools.
- Neerja Birla is an enthusiastic educator who founded the Aditya Birla Education Academy. This academy provides career growth opportunities to brilliant and dedicated tutors to boost their ambitions in the educational field.
- Neerja Birla is a board member of the Pratham and Make-a-Wish Foundation. Muktangan, Save the Children, and Seva Sadan are some of the non-profit-making ventures that are headed by Neerja Birla.
- As per Neerja Birla, she is a morning person who wakes up early in the morning. In a conversation with Money Control media, Neerja Birla said,
I’m an early riser and very much a morning person. I start my day with pranayama and meditation, going into my exercises.”
Neerja Birla further added in the same interview that she was not a breakfast person,
I am not a breakfast person. I follow intermittent fasting, therefore my first meal is close to lunch.”
In the same interview, Neerja Birla narrated the tunes she liked to listen to in the morning,
Listening to the Hanuman Chalisa and Shivohum is a ritual that sets the tone for me. Very soothing and calming. I love listening to different renditions.”
- Neerja Birla shared her teenage picture on her social media account in September 2020.
- Various Indian public speaking platforms and new channel conferences often invite Neerja Birla to deliver motivational lectures to the young generation.
- Neerja often shares pictures of her pet dog on her social media account. She is an animal lover.