Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 23 Years
Hometown: New Delhi
|Famous Role||'Porus' in the TV serial "Porus"
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film: Dostana 2 (Yet to be released)
TV: Warrior High as Parth Samthaan (2015)
|Awards||Lions Gold Award for Best Actor (Popular) for the TV serial ‘Porus' (2018)
|Date of Birth||19 April 1996 (Friday) Times of India|
|Age (as in 2019)||23 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||St. Xavier's School, Delhi|
|College/University||Delhi University, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Fine Arts and Photography|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Fuzion Productions|
|Controversy||In 2016, the rumours of Laksh having differences with the TV actress Mahima Makwana surfaced on the internet. There were also rumours about him being slapped by Mahima during a Holi bash. While clearing the rumours, Laksh said- "There were basic normal differences and nothing earth-shattering. Recently at the Holi shoot, regular things happened and were blown out of proportion. I came at the time for the media interaction. While applying colours, she got too excited and aggressive but I didn’t react as it was unintentional from her side. Then while giving another interview, after I applied colours on her face she vigorously rubbed her hands on my face due to which my sunglasses fell down. The colours went into my eyes. I got up and left as I was not in a state to give an interview . 20 minutes later I got back and completed the interview from where we left.” He further said, “The buzz of getting slapped by her is totally baseless and shocking. I wonder why people don’t even verify before writing stuff like that.”|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Rashmi Desai (Actress, Rumoured)
• Aditi Gupta (Actress, Rumoured)
|Parents||Father- Romesh Lalwani
Mother- Savita Lalwani
Sister: Poorvi Lalwani (younger)
|Favourite Food||Butter Chicken with Roti|
|Favourite Actor(s)||John Abraham, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favourite Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Film||Raging Bull|
|Favourite Song||Hymn For The Weekend by Coldplay|
|Favourite Dialogue||“It ain’t about how bad you get hit, it’s about how bad you get hit and keep moving forward.”|
|Car Collection||Honda City
Some Lesser Known Facts About Laksh Lalwani
- Laksh was born into a modest family in New Delhi.
- He wanted to join the Indian Army since his childhood.
- Lalwani bagged his first acting project when he appeared for the auditions of Roadies X1. Once, one of his friends went to give the auditions of the game show, Roadies X1 and asked Laksh to accompany him. They reached late for the auditions, and there were already 5000 people in the queue. Soon, as he decided to give up on the audition and leave the venue, a person from the production team called him inside. There, he met Vikas Gupta (producer) who advised him to audition for his another show. Next day, he got a call from Vikas who took his online audition and offered him a role in a TV serial.
- Laksh never thought of becoming an actor until he bagged his first role in the TV serial ‘Warrior High.’
- He earned huge popularity after playing the role of ‘Porus’ in Sony TV’s historical drama “Porus.” It was one of the most expensive TV shows in the history of Indian television.
- He hates attending parties and social gatherings.
- Lalwani underwent special training for his show “Porus.” Laksh learned rowing, sword fighting, and horse riding to make his character look convincing.
- Once, he was shooting for his show “Porus,” he got severely injured and started bleeding. However, he was so dedicated towards his work that he did not take any break and continued the shoot.
- Laksh revealed during an interview that his favourite genres were action and thriller.
- In 2016, Lalwani dropped his surname as he felt that the surname philosophy works against the motto of unity in diversity.
- He considers Vikas Gupta (producer) as his Godfather.
- In 2019, Karan Johar announced the news of his acting debut with the Bollywood film “Dostana 2” as a second lead. Laksh was selected for the role after going through a rigorous selection process that included auditions and photoshoots.
- In the same year, he signed a four-film contract with the Dharma Productions.
- Laksh is very fond of dogs and keeps sharing his pictures with them on his social media accounts.
- Here’s an interesting video about Laksh Lalwani’s biography: