|Famous For||Being involved in several fraud cases along with her husband, Sukesh Chandrasekhar|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||Malayalam Film: Red Chillies (2009) as Roya Kareena
|Date of Birth||Year, 1988|
|Age (as of 2021)||33 Years|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Sukesh Chandrasekhar (Conman)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Leena Maria Paul
- Leena Maria Paul is an Indian film actress who is known for her involvement in several fraud cases along with her husband, Sukesh Chandrasekhar.
- Leena began her career as an actor. She made her acting debut with the Malayalam-language crime thriller film “Red Chillies” directed by Shaji Kailas. The film was released on 14 February 2009, and Leena played a supporting character named ‘Roya Kareena’ in the film. She got the opportunity to share the screen with the popular Malayalam actor Mohanlal for this film. Next, in 2012, she made her on-screen appearance in another Malayalam-language film titled “Cobra.” In the same year, she also became part of Saji Surendran’s comedy film “Husbands in Goa.”
- Leena Maria Paul got recognition as an actor after appearing in the Hindi-language political action thriller film “Madras Cafe.” Leena played a RAW Decoder in the John Abraham starrer film. Excited about her debut Bollywood project, Leena Maria Paul said,
I am so excited about my Bollywood project. Initially, I had doubts whether I could get a break in the industry, considering I am not exactly fair. But now, it is the colour of my skin that has got me such an interesting role.”
- Leena Maria Paul has garnered attention from her fraud cases rather than her acting career. She is known to be involved in money laundering and several other fraud cases since the start of her acting career. In 2013, she grabbed the limelight for siphoning off a huge amount of money from a bank in Chennai. According to reports, Leena Maria Paul, along with her partner Sukesh Chandrasekhar, was arrested for siphoning off Rs 19-crore from the Teynampet branch of Canara Bank. The Hindu During Leena’s arrest, the police officials redeemed nine expensive cars and 81 expensive wristwatches. Leena was also involved in a case in which her husband was arrested for allegedly posing as the grandson of a former chief minister and cheating hundreds of people making a profit of several crores. A few days after the arrest the couple was granted bail, and the duo then relocated to Mumbai.
- In 2015, Leena Maria Paul, along with her husband Sukesh Chandrasekhar and a few others, was arrested by the Economic Offences Wing of Mumbai from Goregaon for their involvement in a scam of Rs 10 crore. According to the police officials, the couple offered to provide individuals at least 20 per cent returns on their investments every month on behalf of investing anything between Rs 5000 to Rs 5 lakh. The Indian Express Joint Commissioner of Police (EOW) Dhananjay Kamalakar narrated the incident as,
We received information that a group of individuals was convincing people to pay anything between Rs 5000 and Rs 5 lakh, promising that they would get at least 20 per cent returns on their investments every month. They even promised as high as 300 per cent returns. Our information indicated that they planned to flee the city within a few days, and we arrested them.”
- Again, in 2018, Leena Maria Paul became the talk of the town because of the shootout at her beauty parlour situated in Kochi on 15 December 2018. The incident took place when the gangster Ravi Pujari tried extorting money from Leena, and she denied doing so, which ultimately led notorious underworld don Ravi Suliya to perform firing outside her beauty parlour. The New Indian Express
- In 2021, Leena Maria Paul and her husband, Sukesh Chandrasekhar, were arrested by the Delhi Police’s Economic Offences Wing officials in connection with the cheating case of Fortis Healthcare promoter Shivinder Mohan Singh’s wife, Aditi Singh, who they conned for Rs 200 crore. The couple faced two weak police remand custody before their appearance in the high court. According to her lawyer, she was not involved in any of the cases, and he, on her behalf, said,
The main accused has been in Tihar jail for so many years. There are two FIRs in this case and there is no role of mine in both cases. All properties she was enjoying, as per the prosecution, have been sealed. I have been asked to come to Delhi and join investigation without notice, I did not question that.”
- According to the sources, Leena gifted Bollywood actress Nora Fatehi a luxurious car worth more than Rs. 1 Crore on behalf of her husband who was in jail at the time.