|• A viral romantic photo with actress Jacqueline Fernandez
• Being the prime accused in a Rs. 200-crore money laundering case
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Date of Birth
|Age (as of 2023)
|Bishop Cotton Boys’ School, Bangalore
|Relationships & More
|Jacqueline Fernandez (actress) (rumoured)
|Leena Maria Paul (actress) India Today
|Father: Vijayan Chandrashekhar
Mother: Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sukesh Chandrasekhar
- Sukesh Chandrasekhar is an Indian businessman and conman. He is known to be the prime accused of a Rs. 200-crore money laundering case investigated in 2021.
- Sukesh, in his early teens, began conning people to live a luxurious lifestyle. He was first arrested at the age of 17 in a cheating case when he duped a family friend of Rs 1.5 crore by claiming to be a friend of the son of a well known senior politician.
- According to sources, once Sukesh forged the signature of the Bangalore police commissioner to publish a certificate claiming him to drive anywhere in Karnataka though he was a minor at that time. For several years, Sukesh allegedly posed as the grandson of a former chief minister and cheated hundreds of people making a profit of several crores. Later, he started a company called King Investment and deceived over Rs 2000 crore from investors.
- In 2017, Chandrashekhar was arrested by a team of Delhi Police from a five-star hotel in south Delhi for claiming himself to be the middleman of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) deputy general secretary TTV Dhinakaran and making plans to approach the Election Commission officials to deviate the judgement in favour of the Sasikala faction of the AIADMK for the two-leaf symbol. He was on an interim bail when Delhi Police’s Economic Offences Wing officials arrested him in connection with the cheating case of Fortis Healthcare promoter Shivinder Mohan Singh’s wife, Aditi Singh. Delhi Police sent Chandrashekhar to eight days of police custody after he was spotted at the residence of a judge. Chandrashekhar was claimed to have asked for a sum of Rs. 50 crore for influencing the Election Commission officials. Police officials, after his arrest, released a press statement that read
We will probe if he knows any EC officials who were willing to swing the symbol verdict in his favour. He claimed that he knew Dinakaran for the last 4 years. A part of the promised Rs. 50 crore was transferred in white. It also appears that a Chandni Chowk-based Hawala trader was transferring the money. We will also give a report to the ED about the money. The investigation is on.”
- In 2021, Sukesh Chandrasekhar was arrested along with five other jail officials in connection with the Rs. 200 crore extortion case. He planted a copping business inside the Tihar jail with the help of some jail officials. According to senior police officials, Sukesh was living a king’s life inside the jail. He was illegally provided with an iPhone 12 Pro Max and a Samsung phone with Israeli phone numbers to run his business from inside jail. He paid more than Rs. 1 crore per month to jail officials to help him in completing his task.A senior police official said,
He was living in the jail like a king. It seems all officials of Rohini jail were involved because of the facilities given to him. An entire barrack vacant of all other inmates was given to him. He had covered the CCTV cameras as well. He was freely using his mobile to run the extortion racket for a year. He also had a spoofing app to impersonate government officials and politicians to lure his targets. He used to brainwash his people through this. Like in a case, he said to a woman that her husband could get bail if they were with the government.”
He further added,
An assistant jail superintendent and the deputy superintendent of Rohini Jail were found involved in the racket and they have admitted to having helped the accused. The two jail officials were also arrested.”
- During the investigation, Sukesh claimed to have gifted Indian actress Nora Fatehi a car worth over a crore. Denying the fact, Nora’s lawyer released a press statement.
Nora Fatehi has been the victim in the case and being a witness, she is co-operating and helping the officers in the investigation. We would like to make it very clear that she has not been a part of any money laundering activity, she does not know or have any personal connection with the accused and has been called by the ED to strictly help with the investigation.”
- Amid the Rs. 200-crore extortion case controversy, Sukesh Chandrasekhar also revealed to have a relationship with popular Indian actress Jacqueline Fernandez. Sukesh’s lawyer, Anant Malik, said,
Jacqueline and Sukesh were dating, these are my instructions, this is straight from the horse’s mouth.”
Responding to the claims, a spokesperson for actor Jacqueline Fernandez said,
Jacqueline Fernandez is being called to testify as a witness by the ED. She has duly recorded her statements and in future will also be completely co-operating with the agency in the investigations.”
- Romantic pictures of Sukesh Chandrasekhar and Jacqueline Fernandez also surfaced all over the internet. According to sources, Sukesh and Jacqueline met each other more than four times during his interim bail. He also arranged a private jet for Jacqueline to make it easier for her convenience.
- In the chargesheet filed against Sukesh, the ED stated that the actress was not keen on talking to him, so he allegedly called her from a Union ministry, Amit Shah‘s Home ministry, posing as a high-ranking official. Reportedly, Sukesh tried to contact Fernandez through her make-up artist and when the actress declined, he allegedly made a “spoof call,” posing as a “very important person in the Government.” According to the ED officials, Sukesh had claimed he was from “Jayalalithaa’s political party and owner of Sun TV…” The agency also stated that Sukesh was in touch with Fernandez till his arrest and had “provided various gifts to her and her family members, arranged chartered flights for her to fly within India and her hotel stay, made payments in cash to a script writer on (her) behalf… All these expenses/payments were made by Sukesh Chandrashekhar out of proceeds of crime acquired through criminal activities related to a scheduled offence.” The ED also claimed that during questioning, the actress conceded that she “received gifts viz three Gucci and Chanel designer bags, two Gucci outfits for gym wear, a pair of Louis Vuitton shoes, two pairs of diamond earrings and a bracelet of multi-coloured stones, and two Hermes bracelets. She also received a Mini Cooper, which she returned.” The Indian Express
- In February 2023, Sukesh reportedly sent a Rs 100 crore legal notice to the TV actress Chahatt Khanna over her allegations against him. In January 2023, she gave her statement to the court and spoke with the media to publicly share her side of the story. According to Chahatt, she once met Sukesh in Tihar Jail in 2018, where he proposed to her for marriage and gave Rs. 2 lakhs as ‘Shagun;’ however, he later started blackmailing her. News 18 She said,
I didn’t want anyone to know that I was in Tihar jail. I was also worried about it affecting my marriage, and so I agreed to give them the money. Among other things, it did take a toll on my marriage, and my husband and I separated. Maybe I should have approached the police and lodged a complaint. But things kept happening one after the other and I just wanted to get out of it.”
- Sukesh Chandrasekhar penned a heartfelt letter to Jacqueline Fernandez, affectionately referring to her as “Bomma”, on her birthday on 11 August 2023 from Mandoli jail, Delhi. Expressing his deep affection and best wishes, he wrote of his longing and assured her of an extraordinary celebration for her next birthday together.