Some Lesser Known Facts About Lilly Singh
- Does Lilly Singh smoke?: Not Known
- Does Lilly Singh drink alcohol?: Yes
- Lilly Singh is a Canadian YouTuber, vlogger, comedian, actress and rapper. She was born and raised in Scarborough, Toronto but her parents, Malwinder and Sukhwinder Singh, are originally from Punjab, India, and she was raised in the Sikh tradition.
- She is better known by her YouTube username IISuperwomanII. She has explained that the name Superwoman was prompted by an S-shaped ring from her childhood.
- She started her YouTube channel in October 2010, which has gained over 10 million and counting subscribers. She has an elder sister named Tina, who also has a YouTube channel named ‘Neurotic Mom Diaries’.
- She was ranked 8th on the Forbes list of the world’s highest-paid YouTube stars, earning a reported $7.5 million in 2016. She was also featured in ‘Fast Company Magazine’ among the 100 ‘Most Creative People In Business’. Variety magazine recognized her as one of their 10 Comics to Watch for 2016, and she was honoured at the Just For Laughs Film Festival in Montreal. In July, she won two Teen Choice Awards from her three nominations.
- She struggled with depression and began making YouTube videos as a way of dealing with her feelings. As a young adult, she lived in Markham, Ontario and in 2015, she moved to Los Angeles, California, where she currently resides, to pursue her career.
- In December 2011, Singh created a second channel called SuperwomanVlogs, where she chronicles her daily activities and includes behind the scenes footage from her videos
- She also documents meeting celebrities, including Shah Rukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran, Shay Mitchell, Selena Gomez, Alessia Cara, Debby Ryan, Arjun Kapoor, Nargis Fakhri, Varun Dhawan and Kareena Kapoor, The Rock, Karan Brar, Drake, Zendaya, Winnie Harlow, Sabrina Carpenter, Victoria Justice, and Colleen Ballinger, Michelle Obama and others.
- In 2013, she was featured alongside Jassi Sidhu in his Punjabi song ‘Hipshaker’. She rapped in the song Mauj Ki Malharein, which was played in the Bollywood film Gulaab Gang in 2014.
- In 2014, her channel ranked #39 on New Media Rockstars Top 100 Channels. The same year, she was nominated for a Shorty Award and a Streamy Award.
- She documented the tour in her first feature movie, A Trip to Unicorn Island, which also describes how YouTube fame is affecting her life. The documentary referenced her happy place and her travels around 31 cities and was one of the first movies to be featured on the YouTube Red platform.
- She has also released her app named “Unicorn Island”. This app was created to engage with her fans more by setting up a meet and greets, with posts about her life and exclusive information for her viewers.
- In May 2016, she introduced her new lipstick in collaboration with Smashbox Cosmetics named BAWSE.
- She has also served Hollywood & Bollywood by her acting skills and vocal roles. Before her 2014 debut in the film industry with a small role inspired by her YouTube persona in the Indo-Canadian production ‘Dr. Cabbie‘, Singh made appearances as a background dancer in the movies ‘Speedy Singhs‘ and ‘Thank You‘ in 2011. In 2016, she voiced miniature unicorns named Bubbles and Misty in the animated film ‘Ice Age: Collision Course‘ and played a cameo role in the movie ‘Bad Moms‘.
- In 2016, she partnered with MEtoWe to promote the product ‘Girl Love Rafiki Bracelet‘. The purchasing of these bracelets gives funds to girls in Kenya in order to give them an education. Her first goal was to sell 5,000 bracelets. Once she had passed that goal she made a new goal of 10,000 bracelets and she surpassed that goal by selling over 14,000 bracelets.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)