|Real Name||Parveen Babi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-28-34|
|Date of Birth||4 April 1949|
|Birth Place||Junagadh, Gujarat, India|
|Date of Death||20 January 2005|
|Place of Death||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Age (at the time of death)||55 Years|
|Death Cause||Multiple Organ Failure caused by Diabetes|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Junagadh, Gujarat, India|
|School||Mount Carmel High School, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|College||St. Xavier's College, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|Educational Qualification(s)||Bachelor of Arts (English literature)|
|Debut||Film:- Charitra (1973)
|Family||Father- Vali Mohammed Khan Babi
Mother- Jamal Bakhte Babi
|Hobbies||Painting, Writing, Reading & Playing Piano|
|Controversies||• She had accused numerous renowned personalities such as Amitabh Bachchan, Bill Clinton, Robert Redford, Prince Charles, Al Gore. She also accused the Indian Government, the British government, the French government and also the CIA of planning the conspiracy of her death, but at the end, she was not able to produce any evidence in this regard and her accusation got refuted by the court.
• She was also got arrested by the security staff of John F. Kennedy International Airport, USA, as she was not able to give any identification document to them and behaved abnormally. Authorities had kept her in general ward with mentally disturbed patients. However, She got acquited on the recommendation of the then Indian Consulate.
|Favourite Actor(s)||Raj Kapoor, Dev Anand, Feroz Khan, Dilip Kumar, Sanjeev Kumar|
|Favourite Actresses||Waheeda Rehman, Jaya Bhaduri, Meena Kumari|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Lata Mangeshkar, Mohammed Rafi, Asha Bhosle|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Net Worth||₹ 2-3 crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Parveen Babi
- Did Parveen Babi smoke?: Yes
- Parveen Babi was born into a Muslim Family and her father was the system administrator with the Nawab of Junagadh. She was the only child of her parents and born after fourteen years of their marriage.
- She was spotted by a director, B.R. Ishara, who got impressed by her westernised image and appealing looks, that were suited for the film industry.
- She had completed thirteen movies with Amitabh Bachchan and starred opposite to him in almost eight movies. Some of those movies are Majboor (1974), Kaalia (1982), Amar Akbar Anthony (1977), Khud-Daar (1982), and many more.
- It was said that she had been suffering from a mental illness, paranoid schizophrenia, which makes a person dubious and as said, she was also started feeling like people around her are always planning some conspiracy to kill her.
- She had become so sceptical that she had started recording calls of people, whosoever used to call her on phone, and also started recording her interviews with journalists on her own recorder.
- In 1989, in an interview, she said that “Amitabh Bachchan is a super international gangster. He is after my life. His goons kidnapped me and I was kept on an Island where they performed a surgery on me and planted one transmitter/chip/electronic bug right under my ear”. In fact in contrary to this, in an interview, one of her friend, and a famous director, Vinod Pandey, has himself seen it and denied the presence of any such stitches marks behind her ear.
- In the year 2002, she filed an affidavit stating that she could provide all the evidence, which would prove the accusation of Sanjay Dutt in Mumbai Bomb Blast (1993), but she was not able to generate any evidence and even not attended any court hearing of this case.
- On 22 January 2005, her neighbors noticed that since two days, she had not collected newspapers and milk bottles from her doorstep. After the police entered her flat, they found that her body was lying on the bed and a wheel-chair was lying beside her. Also, some old newspapers, medicines, and alcohol bottles were there and spread like a mess on the floor.
- It was found that she had gangrene on her left foot because of her diabetic condition, and due to which, she might be not able to walk properly. As per the report by Cooper Hospital, there were no traces of food in her stomach, but some alcohol was found in her body. They also mentioned that it might be possible that she had not consumed food for more than three days, and as a consequence, starved to death.
- After her death, her ‘property will’ was released, which stated 70 percent of her property was to be put in one of the trusts, twenty percent was pledged to Murad Khan Babi, an actor, and her friend, for being a guiding force throughout her life, and 10 percent was given to Christian missionary funds.
- In 2001, she also made her TV appearance as a guest on the show called Simply Shekhar, which was hosted by Shekhar Suman.
- Here is the video describing the journey of her life.
- Director, Mahesh Bhatt, had also made a film called, Woh Lamhe, which is said to be based on the life of Parveen Babi.
- In her last days, she converted her religion to Christianity and expressed a desire to be buried as per Christian rites, but her relatives who were Muslims claimed her body after her death and buried her as per Islamic rites. On 23 January 2005, her body was buried next to the grave of his mother at Santacruz, Mumbai.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)