Hometown: Etawah, Uttar Pradesh
Husband: Mulayam Singh Yadav
Age: 60 Years
|Known for||Being the first wife of Samajwadi Party Supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 152 cm
in meters- 1.52 m
in feet & inches- 5’
|Date of Birth||Year, 1943|
|Birthplace||Village Raipur, Kanpur division, Uttar Pradesh|
|Date of Death||24 May 2003|
|Place of Death||Saifai, Etawah district, Uttar Pradesh|
|Age (at the time of death)||60 Years|
|Death Cause||Heart Attack Zee News|
|Hometown||Village Raipur, Kanpur division, Uttar Pradesh|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Marriage date||Year, 1957|
|Husband/Spouse||Mulayam Singh Yadav (politician)
|Children||Son- Akhilesh Yadav (politician)
|Siblings||Brother- Maharaj Singh Yadav
Some Lesser Known Facts About Malti Devi
- Malti Devi was an Indian woman who is known for being the first wife of Indian politician Mulayam Singh Yadav. She died in 2003 after suffering from a prolonged illness. She was the mother of Indian politician Akhilesh Yadav.
- She was fourteen years old when she got married to Mulayam Singh Yadav. Malti and Mulayam got married in 1957, but their marriage guana ceremony was organised after 5 years. Reportedly, Mulayam organised a marriage procession with 5 buffalo carts and went to marry Malti from Saifai to Raipur, which were about 20-22 km away from each other. Soon after the procession reached Malti Devi’s house, it was welcomed with pomp, and every guest was offered a gold chain by Malti’s family.
- In 1973, Malti Devi gave birth to Akhilesh Yadav, and since then, she went into a vegetative state due to complications.
- On 27 May 2003, Malti Devi passed away. According to some media sources, in the 1980s, Mulayam Singh Yadav was in a relationship with Sadhna Gupta while being married to his first wife. Mulayam adopted the son of Sadhana whom she had from her first marriage. It was rumoured at that time that Mulayam got married to Sadhna Gupta in 2003. However, in 2007, Mulayam officially admitted in an affidavit, which he had submitted to the Supreme Court of India in connection to a disproportionate assets case, that Sadhna Gupta was his wife and Prateek Yadav was his son.
- Akhilesh Yadav invited his maternal uncle to his oath-taking ceremony when Akhilesh became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for the first time. During this time, Mulayam Singh arranged for Maharaj Singh Yadav a very nice hotel for a stay.
- Later, Late Malti Devi Night Cricket Tournament was started by the Uttar Pradesh government in memory of Malti Devi. Facebook Page of Tournament