Hometown: Gopalganj, Bihar
Wife: Rabri Yadav
Age: 73 Years
|Party||Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD, 1977)
|Political Journey||1977: Elected to the 6th Lok Sabha at the age of 29
1980-1989: Member of the Bihar Legislative Assembly.
1989: Leader of Opposition in Bihar Legislative Assembly, Convener of Public Undertakings Committee, Chairman of the Pustakalaya Committee and elected in the 9th Lok Sabha
1990-1995: Member of the Bihar Legislative Council.
1990-1997: Chief Minister of Bihar.
1995-1998: Member of the Bihar Legislative Assembly.
1996: Exposed for his fodder scam.
1997: Formed Rashtriya Janata Dal.
1998: Re-elected to 12th Lok Sabha.
1998-1999: Committee of Home Affairs, General Purpose, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
2004: Re-elected to the 14th Lok Sabha and appointed as the Railways Minister.
2009: Re-elected to the 15th Lok Sabha.
2013: Sentenced 5 years in jail for his involvement in fodder scam and was disqualified from Lok Sabha.
|Biggest Rival||Narendra Modi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Date of Birth||11 June 1948|
|Age (as of 2021)||73 Years|
|Birthplace||Phulwaria, Gopalganj, Bihar, India|
|Hometown||Phulwaria, Gopalganj, Bihar, India|
|College||B. N. College, Patna University, Patna, Bihar|
|Debut||Elected in the 6th Lok Sabha (1977)|
|Family||Father- Kundan Rai
Mother- Marachhiya Devi
|Address||208 Kautilya Nagar, M.P. Mla Colony, Post Office Bihar Veterinary College, P.s- Patna Air Port, District- Patna|
|Hobbies||Cooking, folk music, rural dance and reading books of famous people|
|Controversies||• He has been convicted by the special CBI court and later arrested in the "Fodder Scam" of 1996, which involved an amount of 9.50 billion (INR).
• In 2004, he accused BJP's leader L.K.Advani in conspiring the death of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, and even called him an "international absconder."
• He was criticized for using Osama bin Laden’s look-alike during his campaigning to get Muslim votes in the 2005 Bihar elections.
• In 1998, a case was filed against him and his wife for their disproportionate assets against income.
• On 6 January 2018, he was sentenced to three-and-a-half years in jail by the CBI court for fraudulent withdrawal from Deoghar treasury between 1990 and 1994 as Bihar's chief minister.
• On 15 February 2022, a special CBI court convicted him in the Rs. 139.35 crore Doranda treasury embezzlement case. Earlier, he was convicted in four other cases of the fodder scam, and this was the fifth and final case related to the scam. The Hindu On 21 February 2022, the CBI court sentenced him to five years jail term and imposed Rs. 60 lakh fine in the same case. The Hindu
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Rabri Devi (Politician)
|Children||Daughters- Misha Bharti, Rohini Acharya, Chanda, Ragini, Dhannu, Hema and Lakshmi
Sons- Tej Pratap Yadav, Tejasvi Yadav
|Net Worth||INR 2 Crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Does Lalu Prasad Yadav smoke?: No
- Does Lalu Prasad Yadav drink alcohol?: No
- Lalu doesn’t know his real date of birth and uses the dates given in his educational documents i.e. June 11, 1948.
- His first job was a clerk in Bihar Veterinary College, Patna.
- He became the chief minister of Bihar in 1990.
- In 1977, he formed a new party called “Rashtriya Janata Dal” after separating from the Janata Dal.
- In 1996, his Fodder Scam was exposed in which an amount of 9.50 billion (INR) was involved. After which, he resigned from Chief Minister’s post and with some other officials were convicted in the case.
- In 1970, when he was aged 22, he entered into politics by becoming the General Secretary of Patna University Students Union.
- His eldest daughter, Misa was named after Maintenance of Internal Security Act, after he and many other people were thrown into jails during Emergency.
- In 1977, he won a Lok Sabha seat and became one of the youngest member parliament, at the age of 29.
- Bollywood director Mahesh Bhatt once said that he deserves to be the prime minister of India.
- In 2004, he made a guest appearance in a film called “Padmashree Laloo Prasad Yadav.”
- His son Tejasvi Yadav is a medium-pace bowler and had played for Jharkhand in domestic cricket.
- His son, Tejasvi also became part Delhi Daredevils squad in Indian Premier League 5 in 2012.
- One he held court under a tree and also held a cabinet meeting on the lines of a village chaupal, on a cement platform under open.
- After Bhagalpur riots in 1989, he grabbed the trust of Muslims who were once a vote bank for Congress.
- During the rallies of 2005 Bihar elections, he was accompanied by a person who looked like Osama Bin Laden and did anti-U.S speeches to get Muslim votes.