Manoj Patil Height, Weight, Age, Suicide Attempt, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Nickname||IFBB Pro (as per his Facebook account) Facebook- Manoj Patil|
|Profession(s)||Bodybuilder and Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 48 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 20 Inches
|Date of Birth||1 November 1992 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||29 Years|
|School||Dnyansagar Vidyalaya, Jogeshwari West, Mumbai|
|College/University||University of Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra Facebook- Manoj Patil|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Indian Body Building|
|Tattoo||On the left side of his neck: Champ
|Controversy||Manoj filed a case of harassment against the bodybuilder and former Indian actor Sahil Khan in 2021. He stated that Sahil defamed him and posted many mock videos such as "Manoj Steroid Wala Kaun hai? Any Idea! Believe it or not. For more watch my story" on his (Sahil's) Instagram account. According to some sources, the problems started between the duo in 2020. India Today|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Parents||Father- D. A. Patil
Mother- Seema Patil
|Siblings||He has two sisters. One of his sisters' name is Aarti Patil.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manoj Patil
- Manoj Patil is an Indian model and bodybuilder.
- He was born in a middle-class family in Kohlapur, Maharashtra. Hindustan Times
- He started doing odd jobs like distributing newspapers, selling milk, and washing cars at the age of 13 to support his family financially.
- In his teens, he was too skinny, and to gain more weight, he joined a gym near his home. His love for gymming increased day by day, and by the age of 18, he had started participating in various bodybuilding competitions.
- He won his first gold medal at the age of 21 after winning the Junior Mr. Mumbai competition in bodybuilding.
- Later, he participated in various bodybuilding competitions and won many titles such as:
- Mr. India Men’s Physique title in 2016
- Represented the country at Mr. Olympia Amateur
- Silver medal at National Championship 2017
- Silver at Olympia India 2018
- Bronze at Olympia Italy 2018
- Silver at Olympia China 2019
- In an interview, Manoj shared that his biggest achievement was to win Sheru Classic IFBB (International Federation of Bodybuilding) Pro Card in the overall Men’s Physique category (2019).
- Manoj has provided fitness training to many popular Indian celebrities like Shahid Kapoor, Himansh Kohli, and Neha Kakkar.
- During an interview, when he was asked about his journey as an athlete. He said,
It took me more than 10 years to reach where I am but I am still a work in progress. I have faced many failures but did not give up on my dreams. If someone like me, who did not even have the money to buy eggs, could make it till here, then all of you can do it, just have that dedication and a never-give-up attitude. As an athlete, my outlook is not limited to just being IFBB Pro or Mr. India. I love my country and I would do anything that is required to keep it safe from the inside. I may not be in the Army but I will always remain my country’s loyal soldier.”
- He is very fond of playing various sports like cricket and football. Running is another activity that he regularly involves in his workout routine.
- Manoj has worked as a model in the print advertisements of various fitness products.
- He is a religious person and often visits various spiritual places.
- Manoj Patil has a Maruti Suzuki car which he bought with his own money.
- Manoj is a dog lover, and he has posted pictures with dogs on his social media accounts.
- He attempted suicide on 16 September 2021, at around 12:30 am, by eating some pills. He was immediately admitted to the Cooper Hospital in Mumbai. A suicide note was recovered by the police from his room in which he accused the bodybuilder and former Indian actor Sahil Khan of taking the extreme step. India Today
- In his suicide note, he wrote (originally in Marathi, translated to English),
I am Mr. India Manoj Patil, an Indian sportsperson and represent India in bodybuilding. There is an actor named Sahil Khan, who is targeting me and my nutritionist’s shop through Instagram and social media. Because of this, I and my family have to suffer. I am from a middle-class family. Sahil Khan is jealous of my progress. A lot has been said on social media about me and my business. I have also been given many threats that I will end your career. He has also come under my building, I don’t know what was the reason behind it. I have to go to America to participate in Mr. Olympia, he intends to take advantage of the feud between me and my wife, divert her mind and end my entire career. My family and I have been very upset seeing all this, I am the only earning member of my household, my father is 65 years old retired man and my mother is a housewife. Due to all these circumstances, I am being encouraged to commit suicide, if this continues, I will take some big steps in the coming days, this the responsibility of all this will be of the government, police and Sahil Khan, not only this Sahil Khan Has done the same thing in the past with 2-3 players whose details are also in Oshiwara police station. He further wrote, I am an Indian player and all this is happening to me, so what to expect from the common man.”
- His manager, Pari Naaz, while giving her statement to the local police said,
Manoj was being harassed for over a year. His phone number had been made viral. And last night he was with his friends and on his way home he went to a chemist shop and bought the pills. His friends weren’t aware of what he took but when he reached home he didn’t even have dinner and fell unconscious. We then rushed him to hospital.”
- In the police statement, his mother said,
My son told me that he was being mentally harassed by Sahil Khan. It came to a state where he said ‘I feel like ending my life’ and he tried to take his life.”
- During an interview, while talking about the whole incident, the local Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) leader Suraj
Manoj Patil had approached me for help and I had promised him to take him to Raj Thackeray as well. He told me how he had been facing problems for months. Till the time it was restricted to professional rivalry it was ok but for some time Sahil Khan started targeting his personal life and commented about his wife and also threatened that his visa would be cancelled which made him take this step.”
- Later, Sahil Khan denied all accusations and held a press conference in which he said,
The case has nothing to do with me. The whole thing is between Manoj Patil and a person named Raj Faujdar. First of all, committing suicide is a crime in India. Manoj should understand that. Raj has transaction receipts of Rs 2 lakhs with Manoj’s name mentioned on it and not mine. If I come and sell drugs outside your house and if you put that up on social media, would I be able to say that you are bullying me? I have spoken the truth, that which Raj Faujdar shared with me. I have just uploaded that on my social media.”
|↑1||Facebook- Manoj Patil|
|↑2||Facebook- Manoj Patil|
|↑3||Indian Body Building|
|↑4, ↑6||India Today|