|Nickname||Manu Manuraj's Facebook Account|
|Profession(s)||Musician and Flautist|
|Known for||Being the winner of the Indian reality show India's Got Talent in 2022 along with his teammate Divyansh Kacholia|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Debut||Reality Show: Dil Hai Hindustani Season 2 (2018)|
|Date of Birth||19 February|
|College/University||Rajasthan Technical University|
|Educational Qualification||B.Tech third year dropout Manuraj's Blog|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Ram Sevak
Mother- Shushila Tomar
|Siblings||He has two sisters.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manuraj Singh Rajput
- Manuraj Singh Rajput is an Indian classical musician, flautist, and composer. Padma Vibhushan Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia is Manuraj’s music master and learns music at Vrindaban Gurukul in Mumbai. Manuraj Singh Rajput is well versed in classical, semi-classical, light, folk and western music. He is best known for being one of the contestants of the Indian reality show India’s Got Talent in 2022, and in the show, he was offered an opportunity by Indian filmmaker Rohit Shetty to compose a theme song for Rohit’s film Cirkus along with his teammate and beatboxer Divyansh Kacholia.
- Manuraj Singh Rajput has given uncountable memorable flute performances on various international platforms including the University of California, San Fransisco, University of Pittsburg, New York White Light Festival, University of Georgia (Atlanta), Sony Center Canada along with Nrityagram Dance Ensemble, Indian Embassy Poland (Europe), Asolo Theatre Florida, Los Angeles, China Festival, Dubai, Doha, South Africa, Indonesia and many others.
- Manuraj Singh Rajput has performed in various live concerts and stage shows with his music master Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia.
- In 2018, Manuraj participated in the Indian reality music show Dil Hai Hindustani Season 2, which was telecasted on Star Plus. He was ranked among the top eight finalists of the show.
- Manuraj Singh Rajput has worked in various songs as a flautist with renowned Indian singers such as Sunidhi Chauhan, Sonu Nigam, and Richa Sharma.
- As a flautist and musician, Manuraj Singh Rajput has worked for The Kapil Sharma Show on Sony Entertainment.
- In childhood, Manuraj’s mother motivated him to learn harmonium and music. When he was eleven years old, he started singing bhajans in temples. His first music master was Guru Rakesh Bansiwala Ji, who teaches music at the Bihari Ji temple in Bharatpur, Rajasthan. In one of his blogs, Manuraj Singh described his first music guru. He wrote,
He runs a tea shop and the sweet sound of his flute in the temple still resonates today. When I learned a little from him, he started playing flutes in stories, hymns and temples. When stage performance was given in the town hall of Bharatpur, the audience used to give heavy applause.”
- After completing his school studies, Manuraj Singh was sent to Jaipur to pursue a degree in engineering. In one of his blogs, Manuraj stated that he was enrolled in the engineering college, but he never attended the college. He wrote that his college friends helped him financially, and he used to lie at home that he was studying at college, but he began learning flute from Ravi Prasanna in Delhi. He wrote,
In my mind, the flute would resonate daily, so here I started learning flutes from Sandeep Soni sir. During this time, friends in college helped a lot. They used to pay my fine with their pocket money. While training in B.Tech, I started lying at home and started training at Ravi Prasanna sir in Delhi. In two months of engineering training, I took ‘Flute’ training. The real struggle started after this.”
- According to Manuraj Singh Rajput, he used to travel 1300 km from Bharatpur to Mumbai to take music lessons from Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia. Initially, he had to learn the basic skills of playing the flute at the gurukul before getting officially enrolled in the gurukul. He stated in one of his writings that Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia did not give admission to his gurukul easily. He wrote,
Guruji does not give admission to anyone so easily, but the notes that I received from there, I would come to Bharatpur and practice them for six to eight hours daily. Panditji saw my ascendant and was happy. I told them that this is the last year of my engineering, if I do not get your support, then the engineering job will have to be done at the will of the family.”
- As per Manuraj Singh Rajput, he struggled a lot for one year to get admission to the gurukul. During this period, he used to read the books written by Swami Vivekananda. The quote that inspired him a lot was –
On the day that life does not come into difficulty, on that day understand that you are on the wrong path.”
- Later, after getting admission to the gurukul, he was sent to the Orissa gurukul for further training in flute for six months. After six months, he was called back to Mumbai by Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia, and Manuraj stayed in the gurukul from 2011 to 2015 and attained formal education in flute from Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia.
- Various renowned Indian newspapers and magazines often feature Manuraj Singh Rajput in their articles.
- Manuraj Singh remains very active on various social media platforms. He is followed by over 17.2k people on Instagram. On Facebook, he has more than 7k followers.
- On 17 April 2022, he was declared the winner of ‘India’s Got Talent’ season 9 along with his teammate Divyansh Kacholia. On winning, the duo received a car and a cash prize of Rs 20 lakh.