|Full Name||Mathira Mohammad|
|Profession(s)||Model, Dancer, Singer, Actress, Television Presenter|
|Famous For||• Featuring in the item song 'Lakk Ch Current' from the 2013 Punjabi film "Young Malang"
• Featuring in the item song 'Masti Mein Doobi Raat Hai' from the Pakistani film "Main Hoon Shahid Afridi"
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||Film (Indian): Young Malang (2013)
Film (Pakistani): Main Hoon Shahid Afridi (2013)
TV (Pakistani, Host): Love Indicator (2011)
TV (Pakistani, Actress): Naagin (2017)
|Date of Birth||25 February 1992 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||27 Years|
|Tattoo(s)||She has got 4 tattoos inked on her body.
|Controversies||• Mathira attracted controversy for featuring in the condom advertisement for the brand, Josh.
• She, once again, landed into controversy for featuring on the cover of Pakistan’s Fashion Diet Magazine wearing very scanty clothes; thus, giving an illusion of being naked. However, she later clarified that she was wearing a tube during the photoshoot and a huge guy was hugging her in the picture, so, from behind, it appeared like she was topless.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Farran J Mirza (Dubai-based Punjabi singer)
|Husband/Spouse||Farran J Mirza (m. 2012- div. 2018)
|Children||Son- Aahil Rizvi
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (South African)
Mother- Name Not Known (Pakistani)
Sister- Rose Mohammed
|Actor(s)||Abhishek Bachchan, Rajinikanth|
|Actresses||Hema Malini, Madhuri Dixit|
|Film||P.S. I Love You (2007)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mathira
- Mathira was born into a middle-class Muslim family in Harare, Zimbabwe.
- She passed her O and A levels from Zimbabwe and at the age of 13, she moved to Pakistan with her family in order to escape the political instability in Zimbabwe.
- Mathira wanted to graduate either in psychology or in gynaecology.
- She started her career by giving yoga lessons on a private TV channel in Pakistan.
- Subsequently, she featured in many music videos like “Jadugar,” “Desi Beat,” “Nachdi Kamaal Billo,” and “Woh Kaun Thi.”
- In March 2011, she hosted the Vibe TV’s late-night program called “Love Indicator” and became the first Pakistani woman to host a night program. The show gained immense popularity.
- She has also hosted the show ‘Baji Online’ that aired on AAG TV.
- In 2014, Mathira bagged Vipin Sharma’s comedy film “Akki Te Vikki Te Nikki.”
- In 2015, she featured in the music video of the song ‘Piya Re’ with Furqan and Imran. The video was a tribute to the popular singer and music composer, Adnan Sami Khan.
- Mathira played the role of ‘Mastaani’ in the Pakistani TV serial “Naagin.”
- Mathira shares her birthday with her younger sister, Rose Mohammed. Rose is 3 years younger to Mathira.
- During an interview, Mathira shared that Yoga helped her overcome her fear of water. She said,
As a kid, I lacked confidence. Once in school, I nearly drowned in the swimming pool and became hydrophobic. Then I started taking yoga classes and they turned out to be the best way to overcome fear. It also keeps you healthy.”
- She is a huge fan of the Indian cricketer, MS Dhoni. She shared during an interview that if she had been the Wazir-e-Azam of Pakistan, she would have offered the entire nation in return of MS Dhoni.
- Although Mathira used to be a party-freak earlier, she has now become more of a homebody. She says,
Hazar log hazar baatain so I don’t socialise much anymore.”
- Mathira’s mentor and boss, Babar Tajammul compared Mathira with Priyanka Chopra and said that Mathira had done wonders for the Pakistani television industry. He said,
Top government officials monitoring the media have personally told me that they tried their best to curb the popularity of Indian TV channels in Pakistan,” he says, “but it is Mathira who struck a chord with Pakistani viewers and made them refocus their attention on local media. We are proud of creating a brand like her.”
- Mathira has more than 250k followers on her Instagram account.
- Mathira has been criticised in Pakistan several times for her dressing sense and the way she speaks.
- She is an avid dog lover. Mathira used to have a pet dog, Manno.
- She shared during an interview that at the beginning of her acting career, she got rejected by a number of Pakistani directors who had said that she could never act; as she was poor in Urdu.
- Mathira has been called the ‘Paris Hilton of Pakistan’ by the LA Times News.
References/Sources: [ + ]