Meera (actress), Height, Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Age: 45 Years
Height: 5' 4"
|Real name||Irtiza Rubab|
|Other name||Meera Jee|
• TV Presenter
|Famous role||Divya Verma in the film "Nazar" 2005
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-36|
|Debut||Lollywood Film: Kanta (1995)
Bollywood Film: Nazar (2005)
TV: Husan Ara Kaun (2010)
Director: Oscar (2016)
|Awards, Honours||• Nigar Award for the film "Khilona" (1999)
• Nigar Award for Best Actress of the Year for the film "Inteha" (1999)
• Pride of Performance Award (2012)
• Sitara-i-Imtiaz Award (2012)
• Best Actress Award at the 3rd Delhi International Film Festival for the film 'Hotal' (2014)
• Best Actress Award at the International Pakistan Prestige Awards (IPPA) (2021)
|Date of Birth||12 May 1977 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||45 Years|
|Birthplace||Sheikhupura, Punjab, Pakistan|
|College/University||Kinnard College for Women, Lahore, Pakistan|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate from Kinnard College for Women, Lahore, Pakistan|
|Controversies||• Filed a case against Sheikh Attiq-ur-Rehman: A Faisalabad-based businessman, Sheikh Attiq-ur-Rehman, has claimed to be Meera's husband. However, Meera denied the claims and filed a case against him. According to Rehman, the couple got married in 2007 in a private ceremony. He also provided the marriage certificate and some photographs to prove his claims, but Meera disprove all the evidences. BBC News Later, Rehman filed an application against Meera's claims when he came to know about her acceptance of the marriage proposal by Naveed Shehzad, who is a Pakistani-American airline captain. According to Rehman, Meera cannot remarry without getting legally separated from him as it is not in accordance to the Islamic laws. The Express Tribune
• Lawsuit over having an illegal abortion: In 2012, a man named Islam, appealed to Pakistani Court to file a case against Meera for having an illegal abortion. Deccan Herald
• Lawsuit over sharing a controversial video clip on social media: In 2014, FIA (Federation Investigation Agency) filed a case against Meera and her husband, Capt. Naveed, for uploading a controversial video clip on social media. Dawn
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||According to Meera, she was in a relationship with Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Akhtar, but the cricketer denied this. Journalism of Courage She also claimed that she got proposal of marriage from Bollywood actors Emraan Hashmi and Ashmit Patel. Geo News|
|Husband/Spouse||• Sheikh-ussr-Rehman (married in 2007)
Note: Sheikh-ur-Rehman claimed to be Meera's husband but Meera denied the claims and filed a lawsuit against him. BBC News
• Naveed Pervaiz (married in 2013)
|Parents||Father- Syed Mohammad Sarwar Shah
Mother- Shafqat Rubab
|Siblings||Shaista Abbasi, Syed Ahsan Abbas, Syeda Hussain, Rubab Aqsa, and Murtaza Ahsan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Meera
- Meera is a Pakistani actress, model, TV presenter, and humanitarian known for her work in Hindi, Punjabi, and Urdu films and dramas. She won the Nigar Award twice in her career span. In 2012, she was honoured with the Pride of Performance Award by the Government of Pakistan.
- She was born as Irtiza Rubab, but after entering the showbiz industry, she changed her name to Meera.
- Meera used to participate in theatre plays in her school and college days, which led her to make her career in acting.
- Meera started working in TV commercials for various brands including Pepsi and Lux in her mid-teens.
- She is considered one of the top supermodels in Pakistan.
- After debuting as an actor in the Lollywood film ‘Kanta’ in 1995, she appeared in many other Lollywood films such as ‘Khilona’ (1996), ‘Inteha’ (1999), and ‘Hotal’ (2014).
- Apart from working in Lollywood, Meera also tried her hand in Bollywood. After making her Bollywood debut with the film ‘Nazar’ in 2005, she appeared in films like ‘Kasak’ (2005), ‘Paanch Ghantey Mein Paanch Crore’ (2012), and ‘Bhadaas’ (2013). She also did an item song in the film ‘Bumper Draw’ (2015).
- Following her TV debut with the show ‘Husan Ara Kaun’ in 2010, Meera appeared in many other TV shows. Her performance in the show ‘Mein Sitara’ (2016) in which she played the role of Naseem Dilruba, and in the show ‘Naagin’ (2017) in which she played the role of Madam Kaali, are among the most notable ones.
- Her performance as Shameera in the Pakistani film ‘Baaji’ (2019) gained great accolades from the audience.
- Apart from the showbiz industry, Meera also tried her hand at politics. In 2013, Meera contested for the Lahore constituency NA- 126 against PTI (Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf) Party. However, in 2022, she made an announcement to join the same party. In an interview, she talked about joining the PTI Party and said,
I am heartbroken with the world of showbiz and have decided to join politics.” Daily Times
- In 2018, Meera announced to donate PKR 25,000 to Diamer Bhasha Dam Funds on her visit to a school for special children in Karachi. She spent her day with the students who have special needs and shared her experience of meeting special children on Twitter.
It was wonderful to celebrate the day with special kids today .#karachi pic.twitter.com/QwaSML1Z9h
— Meera (@TheMeeraJee) September 10, 2018
- Besides her acting, Meera is also known for her humanitarian activities. In 2022, she performed at an event in New York for raising funds for the flood affectees in Pakistan. She took to Instagram to ask her fans to help flood affectees.
- Once the land mafias tried to grab Meera’s ancestral property and also kidnapped her mother, Shafqat Rubab. She made an appeal to the Pakistani government for seeking help. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
I am being threatened by Mian Shahid Mahmood, he is a land-grabber who is trying to illegally take over my family property after agreeing to live there as a tenant. This person kidnapped my mother and now he is doing his best to get hold of my family property.” The Express Tribune
- She is a big fan of Bollywood star Salman Khan. In an interview, her statement bespeaks her wish to marry Salman Khan. She said that it wouldn’t be possible for her to reject the marriage proposal of Salman Khan if he ever proposed to her.
- She is also known as the ‘Controversy Queen’ of the Pakistani Showbiz industry.
- In February 2023, Meera was selected to play the lead role in the Pakistani remake of the Bollywood film “Pakeezah” (1972). She was selected to play the role of Nargis in the film, which was earlier played by Meena Kumari. Hindustan Times
|↑1, ↑7||BBC News|
|↑2||The Express Tribune|
|↑5||Journalism of Courage|
|↑9||The Express Tribune|