|Famous for||Bagged gold medal in the 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team final at the ISSF Shooting World Cup in Changwon, Korea on 13 July 2022|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 152 cm
in meters- 1.52 m
in feet & inches- 4’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 48 kg
in pounds- 105 lbs
|National team||Junior shooting team|
• Silver medal in World Championships at Changwon in 10 m team Air Rifle
• Silver medal in Youth Olympic Games at Buenos Aires in 10 m Air Rifle
• Silver medal in Commonwealth Games at Gold Coast in 10m Air Rifle
• Gold medal in South Asian Games at Kathmandu in 10m Air Rifle
• Bronze medal in ISSF World Shooting Championships at Baku, Azerbaijan, in 10m air rifle
|National Coach||Randhir Singh|
|Personal Coach||Joydeep Karmakar|
|Date of Birth||20 November 2000 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||21 Years|
|Birthplace||Kalyani, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|School||Techno India Group Public School, Chinsurah, Hooghly|
|Educational Qualification||School education at Techno India Group Public School, Chinsurah, Hooghly|
|Hobbies||Listening to music, Watching movies, and Shopping|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Nemai Ghosh
Mother- Metali Ghosh
|Sportsperson||Abhinav Bindra, Apurvi Chandela, and PV Sindhu|
|Food||Chinese and Bengali|
|Actors||Varun Dhawan and Ranveer Singh|
|Actresses||Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mehuli Ghosh
- Mehuli Ghosh is an Indian shooter. She represents India at various international junior shooting championships all across the world. On 13 July 2022, Mehuli Ghosh, along with her shooting partner, Shahu Tushar Mane, clinched a gold medal in the 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team final at the ISSF Shooting World Cup organised at Changwon, Korea.
- In a media conversation, Mehuli stated that she started watching Rifle Shooting and Swimming sports on television in 2013. In 2014, she joined the Serampore Rifle Club, and her father struggle a lot for money so that she could participate in her favourite sports. She said,
I found shooting very interesting as it was not a well-known sport. Then I started gathering news and other relevant information about Shooting. My father being a temporary employee in West Bengal government, struggled for a year to collect enough money to allow me to withstand my passion. Then I joined Serampore Rifle Club in 2014.
- Later, during a practising session at the Serampore Rifle Club, she accidentally hit one of her pellets on a spectator, and she was banned by the club. Thereafter, she joined the Joydeep Karmarkar Shooting Academy, where Joydeep Karmarkar, a former Indian Olympic finalist and Arjuna Awardee, started mentoring her.
- Mehuli Ghosh used to get psychological counselling after she went into depression soon after she was banned by the Serampore Rifle Club. Her parents wanted to boost her morale in sports so they consulted a psychiatrist. Indian Express
- In 2016, she clinched two gold medals and seven silver medals at the Indian National Shooting Championships organised in Pune. In 2017, she was the winner of eight gold and three bronze medals at various National junior shooting championships.
- In 2017, at the junior shooting championship held in the Czech Republic, Mehuli participated in the preparatory championships and finished in the seventh position. In the same year, at the Junior World Shooting Championship organised in Germany, she finished in seventeenth position. In December 2017, in the Asian Champions organised in Wako City, Japan, Mehuli scored 420.1 points during championships in shooting 10 m rifle and earned the Youth Olympics 2018 Quota place.
- Mehuli is a fitness enthusiast. She regularly practises yoga at home to increase the concentration power of her mind.
- In 2018, Mehuli Ghosh won two World Cup medals at the ISSF World Cup in Mexico and became one of the youngest contenders from India. In the same year, she was authorised to participate in the 2018 Commonwealth Games. She was the winner of a silver medal in the Women’s 10m Air Rifle during the XXI Commonwealth Games held at Gold Coast, Australia. She defeated her opponent Martina Veloso, who was from Singapore. Soon after this win, she reached the world ranking of sixth and third in Asia by the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF).
- In 2018, during the junior shooting championships held in the Czech Republic, she was the only Indian shooting athlete to reach the finals of the competition and finished in the seventh position. In 2018, at the ISSF world cup championships, Mehuli won two Bronze medals.
- In 2019, during the South Asian Games held in Nepal, Mehuli won a gold medal.
- In a media interview, Mehuli Ghosh disclosed that she liked watching Sporty, Comedy, and Horror movies in her leisure time.
- In 2019, the Chief Minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee honoured Mehuli Ghosh with the Special Sports Award for her excellence in shooting sport.
- In 2020, during the Sportstar Aces Awards ceremony, she was felicitated with the title “Female Young Athlete of the Year” award.
- She remains very active on various social media platforms. On Instagram, Mehuli is followed by over 6k people. She often posts her pictures and videos on social media. Her Twitter handle is followed by more than 8k people. She is followed by over 26k people on Facebook.
- She is associated with the Joydeep Karmakar Shooting Academy and club in West Bengal.
- Mehuli Ghosh is the recipient of the appreciation mail from Prime Minister Narendra Modi for her exceptional performance in the sports category.
- Apart from shooting, Mehuli Ghosh likes practising Karate and Swimming in her free time. She adores travelling to distant places like the Maldives as she likes beaches.
- According to Mehuli Ghosh, her inspirations to opt for shooting as a sports career at the age of seventeen were Abhinav Bindra and Joydeep Karmakar. In a media conversation, Mehuli stated that when she was eight years old, she started watching all the matches of Abhinav Bindra. She said,
I was 8 yrs old, not knowing much what was going on, but I kept on watching,till the only individual Gold medal for India at the Olympics was won by this man! In a second I wanted to win it too..1000s must have dreamed the same..Thanks Sir.”
- Mehuli Ghosh is a devoted environmental advocate, and she loves planting saplings at her home.
- According to Mehuli Ghosh, she likes eating homemade Chinese and Bengali food, but she hates eating carrots.
- In the 2023 ISSF World Shooting Championships in Baku, Azerbaijan, Mehuli Ghosh won bronze in the women’s 10m air rifle; she scored 229.8 in the finals. This earned her a quota spot for India in the Paris 2024 Olympics. Olympics