Mithoon (Musician) Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Wife: Palak Muchhal
Hometown: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Age: 37 Years
|Full name||Mithoon Sharma Scroll|
|Profession(s)||• Music Director
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Debut||Music Debut: Bas Ek Pal (2007)|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||He is the recipient of following awards for the film Aashiqui 2 in 2013:
• Best Lyrics Award at the Star Guild Awards
• Best Song Award at Big Star Entertainment Awards
• Best Song & Best Music Award for Aashiqui 2 at GiMA
• Best Music Award for Aashiqui 2 at Filmfare Awards
• Best Lyrics, Best Song & Best Music Award for Aashiqui 2 at Zee Cine Awards
• Song of the year, Music Composer of the year, Album of the year & Listener's choice of the year Award for Aashiqui 2 at Mirchi Music Awards.
• Best Lyrics & Best Music Awards at IIFA
|Date of Birth||11 January 1985 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Controversy||He had a verbal spat with Salman Khan during the 2014 Star Guild Awards.|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||6 November 2022
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Palak Muchhal (singer)
|Parents||Father- Naresh Sharma (Film Score Composer)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||He has a sister.
|Musician(s)||Madan Mohan, Mohammed Rafi, Oscar Peterson, Miles Davis, Laxmikant-Pyarelal, M.M. Kreem, Viju Shah and A.R. Rahman|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mithoon
- Mithoon is an Indian musician and singer. In 2013, he came into the limelight with his song “Tum Hi Ho” from the Bollywood romantic film Aashiqui 2 for which he earned the Filmfare Award for Best Music Director. In 2016, his song “Sanam Re” became one of the most streamed Hindi songs on YouTube. In the same year, this song was felicitated with the “Most Streamed Song of 2016” at the Global Indian Music Academy Awards.
- Mithoon was born into a family of musicians, as his grandfather, Pandit Ram Prasad Sharma was a renowned musician, and his father, Naresh Sharma is a well-known music arranger who had worked in more than two hundred movies with the top composers of Bollywood. His grandfather taught music to uncountable aspiring musicians, most of them are top musicians in Bollywood. He is the nephew of Bollywood music composer Pyarelal Ji from the popular duo Laxmikant-Pyarelal.
- He started learning music at the age of eleven from his father.
- His father sent him to the trained musicians in the entertainment industry for music training. According to Mithoon, his father used to observe him personally during Mithoon’s music training. Once, in a media conversation, Mithoon stated that he did not struggle in the entertainment industry. He recalled,
My father always told me that he could teach me how to make my music, but I would have to find my own opinion or message. Without having anything to say through your music, you cannot make the world a better place.”
- He is also a trained jazz pianist.
- Though he started composing music in 2006, he got his breakthrough with chartbusters such as Phir Mohabbat (Murder 2 – 2011) and Tum Hi Ho (Aashiqui 2 – 2013).
- He has also scored music for the Malaysian film Diva (2007), with Malaysian R&B singer, Ning Baizura.
- During the 2014 Star Guild Awards, he had a verbal spat with Salman Khan. In the same year, during the 59th Filmfare Awards, Mithoon received a nomination for Filmfare Award for Best Lyricist.
- In 2005, he marked his Bollywood debut with the song “Woh Lamhe” in the film Zeher and “Aadat” in the movie Kalyug. According to Mithoon, one of his friends recommended his name to Onir, the director of the film Bas Ek Pal in 2006. Onir gave Mithoon a chance to compose the songs for his film. Mithoon composed the songs “Bas Ek Pal,” which was sung by Indian singer KK and “Tere Bin,” sung by singer Atif Aslam.
- In 2007, his music compositions Tose Naina Lage and Maula Mere from the film Anwar became widely popular. Later, his songs Woh Ajnabee, Beete Lamhe, and Mausam from the film The Train were chartbusters.
- Apart from films, he also worked on some music albums of other Indian musicians such as “Kuch Is Tarah” from Atif Aslam’s album Doorie and “Ek Shaqs” from Abhijeet Sawant’s album Junoon.
- In 2009, he released his own music album Tu Hi Mere Rab Ki Tarah Hai in collaboration with T-Series. Reportedly, he extensively travelled across the United Kingdom to persuade some musicians to be a part of his composition. He also worked with the band Philharmonic Orchestra and its members.
- His songs “Aye Khuda” and “Phir Mohabbat” from the film Murder 2 in 2011 were declared chartbusters. The popular Bollywood singer Arijit Singh marked his Bollywood debut with these songs. Later, he went on to compose songs for the Bollywood films Jism 2, Yaariyan, Ek Villain, Hate Story 2, Creature 3D, Samrat & Co, Alone, Hamari Adhuri Kahani, Bhaag Johnny, All Is Well, Loveshhuda, Sanam Re, Ki & Ka, Shivaay, Wajah Tum Ho, Half Girlfriend, Shab, Aksar 2, Hate Story 4, Baaghi 2, and Mercury.