Some Lesser Known Facts About Zoya Akhtar
- Does Zoya Akhtar smoke?: Not Known
- Does Zoya Akhtar drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She is an Indian film director and screenwriter who made her debut as a director with the critically acclaimed Luck By Chance in 2009.
- Zoya Akhtar was born to a poet, lyricist and screenwriter Javed Akhtar and screenwriter Honey Irani. Shabana Azmi is her stepmother & Farhan Akhtar is her brother.
- She grew up in an agnostic environment; she does not believe in any religion.
- She is the great-granddaughter of renowned Urdu poet Muztar Khairabadi and granddaughter of Jan Nisar Akhtar.
- Also her great-great-grandfather, Fazl-e-Haq Khairabadi, a scholar of Islamic studies and theology, notably edited the first diwan of Mirza Ghalib on his request, and later became an important figure during the Indian Freedom Revolution of 1857 in his native place Khairabad.
- She started her career as co-director of a music video called “Price of Bullets” for a rock band called Pentagram.
- She has also worked as a casting director for films including Dil Chahta Hai, Split Wide Open and as an assistant director for her brother Farhan Akhtar‘s films, Lakshya and Dil Chahta Hai.
- She then worked as an executive producer for her longtime partner Reema Kagti’s Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd., also produced by Excel Entertainment.
- In 2011, she directed Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, which turned out to be a huge box office success and was well received by critics and won her the Filmfare Award for Best Director.
- Earlier rumors buzzed that she has secretly tied the knot with her longtime boyfriend.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡