Age: 74 Years
Husband: S. P. N. Singh
|Profession(s)||Journalist, News Presenter, Author|
|Famous For||Her investigative journalism program “Aankhon Dekhi”|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Date of Birth||1 September 1945 (Saturday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||74 Years|
|Birthplace||Jalandhar, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Jalandhar, Punjab, India|
|School||Modern School, Barakhamba|
|Controversy||Nalini Singh landed into a controversy when she allegedly insulted a reporter of Nepal-1 news channel. Apparently, Singh called Anjana Rawal (the victim), a “bitch” and asked her to “eat” her shoes. Singh said, "Who do you think you are to be dressing so grandly, a princess? Eat my shoes for lunch, you bitch. All Nepalis are like you.” Rawal slapped Singh and filed a defamation suit on her after the incident. Hindustan Times|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||S. P. N. Singh|
|Children||Son- Sukaran Singh (Vice-President of Tata Advanced Systems)
Daughter- Ratna Vira (Author)
|Parents||Father- Hari Dev Shourie
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Arun Shourie (Economist, Politician and Former Union Minister), Deepak Shourie (Journalist)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nalini Singh
- Nalini Singh was born into a well-to-do family in Jalandhar, Punjab.
- She started her career as a journalist and TV presenter with Doordarshan.
- Singh hosted several popular current-affairs programs on the channel.
- She even anchored a social documenting series on Doordarshan titled “Hello Zindagi.”
- Nilani garnered huge popularity after hosting the investigative journalism program “Aankhon Dekhi” on DD Metro Channel (Currently known as DD News). Nalini hosted the show from 1990 to 2002.
- Singh is the managing director of TV Live India Pvt Ltd.
- She is also the managing editor of Nepal-1 News Channel.
- She has assisted the author Devaki Jain in writing the book “Women’s Quest for Power: Five Indian Case Studies.”
- She is the daughter-in-law of Sir Chandeshwar Prasad Narayan Singh, former Governer of Uttar Pradesh and first Indian Ambassador to Nepal.
- In 2014, Singh’s daughter, Ratna Vira, published a novel titled “Daughter by Court Order.” Later, there were speculations that it was her autobiography.
- In an interview, Nalini’s daughter, Ratna revealed that she had a troubled relationship with her mother.
- Singh is one of the five journalists who had been asked to record to record their statements by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) of Delhi Police in the Sunanda Pushkar Murder Case. Reportedly, Nalini was one of the few persons with whom Sunanda had spoken during the last few hours before her death.
References/Sources: [ + ]