Husband: S. P. N. Singh
Age: 74 Years
|Profession(s)||Journalist, News Presenter, Author|
|Famous For||Her investigative journalism program “Aankhon Dekhi”|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Date of Birth||1 September 1945 (Saturday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||74 Years|
|Birthplace||Jalandhar, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Jalandhar, Punjab, India|
|School||Modern School, Barakhamba|
|Controversy||Nalini Singh stirred a controversy after she insulted a reporter of her Nepal-1 news channel. Singh called her a 'Bitch' Singh said, "Who do you think you are to be dressing so grandly, a princess? Eat my shoes for lunch, you bitch. All Nepalis are like you.” Later, Anjana slapped Nalini and registered a case against her. Hindustan Times|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||S. P. N. Singh|
|Children||Son- Sukaran Singh (Vice-President of Tata Advanced Systems)
Daughter- Ratna Vira (Author)
|Parents||Father- Hari Dev Shourie
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Arun Shourie (Economist, Politician and Former Union Minister), Deepak Shourie (Journalist)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nalini Singh
- Nalini Singh was born into a well-to-do family in Jalandhar, Punjab.
- After completing her graduation, Nalini joined Doordarshan as a journalist and TV presenter.
- On Doordarshan, Singh hosted several popular current-affairs programs.
- She even anchored a social documenting series on Doordarshan titled “Hello Zindagi.”
- Nilani garnered huge popularity after hosting the investigative journalism program “Aankhon Dekhi” on DD Metro Channel (Currently known as DD News).
- Singh is the managing director of TV Live India Pvt Ltd.
- She is also the managing editor of Nepal-1 News Channel.
- Nalini, along with the author Devaki Jain, has written the book “Women’s Quest for Power: Five Indian Case Studies.”
- She is the daughter-in-law of Sir Chandeshwar Prasad Narayan Singh, former Governer of Uttar Pradesh and first Indian Ambassador to Nepal.
- In 2014, Singh’s daughter, Ratna Vira, published a novel titled “Daughter by Court Order.” Later, there were speculations that it was her autobiography.
- In an interview, Nalini’s daughter, Ratna revealed that she had a troubled relationship with her mother.
- In 2015, Nalini was asked to record her statement by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) of Delhi Police in connection with the Sunanda Pushkar Murder Case.
References/Sources: [ + ]