Some Lesser Known Facts About Sumit Awasthi
- Does Sumit Awasthi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Sumit Awasthi drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Journalism runs in his blood, as his father was a journalist and served his skills with the ‘Akashvani,’ and was also linked with the ‘Bhartiya Suchna Sewa.’
- When he attended junior school, his father made him write the news which was telecast on Akashvani on the radio at that time.
- Awasthi wanted to secure his career in the Indian Army, for which he attempted twice, but failed. To be in the field of journalism was the result of his failure, as, according to him, he could do no other thing.
- After graduating with a Bachelors of Engineering degree in the field of Electronics and Communication in 2007, Awasthi started working as an Engineer with the ZEE News the same year. He worked with the company for about five years before stepping down in October 2012.
- Awasthi started working as a Senior Broadcast Engineer with News Nation in October 2012. He was responsible for the Operation & Maintainance of Broadcasting Equipment.
- In 2012, he was bestowed with the NT Award for best anchor and Madhavji Jyoti Puraskar for the best journalist.
- Awasthi joined IBN7 as an Assistant Broadcast Manager in August 2015. This is Awasthi’s second stint with the channel.
- He has extensively worked on Cricket and International Politics apart from his major forte, the national political assignments.
- Awasthi anchored a show named ‘Shabaash India,’ which was meant to showcase the positive incidents happening in the society.
- BJP’s veteran leader Murli Manohar Joshi once demanded that the questions be asked the way he wanted them to in the interview that was being conducted by Awasthi. Joshi also took the camera and deleted the clip.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)