Age: 52 Years
Marital Status: Married
Some Lesser Known Facts About Naseebo Lal
- Naseebo Lal is a Pakistani folk singer of Rajasthani origin. The Express Tribune She predominantly sings in Punjabi, Urdu, and Marwari languages. She often performs in the cultural and traditional stage shows in Pakistan. In 2016, she appeared as a singing artist in the ninth season of the musical show Coke Studio in which she sang the song titled Groove Mera alongside Aima Baig and Young Stunners. In 2022, in Coke Studio’s Season 14, she sang Tu Jhoom with Abida Parveen.
- Naseebo Lal’s first music teacher was her mother. Later, she learnt formal music and singing from Ustaad Lal Khan and Ustaad tabla maestro Tafoo. Tafoo is known for his song ‘Sun Ve Balori Akh Walia’ from the movie Anwara in 1970.
- Naseebo Lal made her singing debut with the songs from the Punjabi movie Desan Da Raja in 1999. This movie was produced by Sarvar.
- Naseebo Lal performed at The Drum Theatre in Birmingham, England in 2012, and this concert earned her world recognition.
- In 2016, Naseebo Lal announced that she would establish a musical academy for the underprivileged in the Garwastan. She stated in a conversation with a media house that she herself faced a lot of adversities in her life after entering into the music industry. Naseebo Lal said,
It is my dream to send young musicians to participate in competitions across the globe.”
- Naseebo Lal is an active social media user. She is followed by more than 16k people on her Instagram account and more than 26k people on her Facebook page.
- Naseebo Lal often performs at private marriage events.
- Naseebo Lal belongs to a family that used to sing and perform musical shows at weddings and fairs. Her family was from Rajasthan, India but after the partition of India, her family migrated to Pakistan.
- Some of her hit songs include ‘Jinda Yaar Juda Ho Jaye,’ ‘Bukkal De Vich Chor,’ and ‘Kundi Na Kharka,’ ‘Meri Phullan Wali Kurti,’ ‘Ronde Ne Nain Nimare.’ Later, she recorded the song ‘Silli Silli Aundi Hawa’ which was earlier sung by Indian singer Hans Raj Hans. After the success of the song ‘Silli Silli Aundi Hawa,’ Naseebo Lal received singing offers from the Lollywood film industry, and her songs were also recorded under the label Oriental Star Agencies in the UK.
- Apart from singing in the Punjabi language, Naseebo Lal also sings in Marwari (Rajasthani), Urdu, and Pashto languages.
- Naseebo Lal has given many memorable live shows and concerts alongside famous Pakistani singers such as Nargis, Nisar Butt, Shabnam Chaudhry, Zubin Shah, and Nadia Ali.
- In 2017, Naseebo Lal recorded a music album with her brother, Shahid Lal.
- Naseebo Lal adores the singing and voice of Madam Noor Jahan since her childhood. The famous classical songs of Noor Jahan including ‘Jadon Holi Jai Lenda Mera’ and ‘Anda Tere Layee Reshmi Rumal’ were sung by Naseebo Lal.
- In 2021, Naseebo Lal sang the anthem of Pakistan Super League (PSL) 6 for which the whole singing group received a lot of criticism but the track was a hit.