Neeshal Modi (Nirav Modi’s Brother) Age, Controversy, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Real Name||Neeshal Modi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
|Age (as in 2017)||Not Known|
|Birth Place||Antwerp, Belgium|
|College||City University, London|
|Educational Qualification||M.B.A (Investment and Financial Risk Management)|
|Family||Father- Deepak keshavlal Modi
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Nirav Modi
Sister- Not Known
Sister-in-law- Ami Modi
Maternal Uncle- Mehul Choksi
|Hobbies||Travelling & Reading|
|Controversy||In February 2018, he, along with his uncle Mehul Choksi and brother Nirav Modi, was summoned under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) in the more than ₹11,400 crore alleged fraud in Punjab National Bank (PNB). On 16 January 2018, PNB said the accused firms came with a set of documents to its Mumbai branch and requested buyers' credit to pay overseas suppliers, and when the branch officials asked them to come with full amount as collateral so that the bank could issue letters of undertaking" (LoUs), they said that they had used such facilities in the past without any collateral. To this, the bank scanned through records and found no trace of any transactions. On further investigation, PNB found that bank's 2 junior employees had issued LOUs on the SWIFT interbank messaging system (used for international transactions) without entering the transactions on the bank's own system. Such transactions went on for years without detection.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Isheta Salgaocar (Mukesh Ambani's niece)
|Marriage Date||4 December 2016|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neeshal Modi
- Does Neeshal Modi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Neeshal Modi drink alcohol?: Yes
- Neeshal Modi is the brother of the popular Businessman, Nirav Modi, whose name came into limelight in a money laundering case of Punjab National Bank.
- He was born and brought up in Antwerp, Belgium and holds the citizenship rights of the country.
- After his graduation, he started working with his brother to support him in his business in India as well as in Belgium.
- He got married to the Mukesh Ambani’s niece, Isheta Salgaonkar, and had a lavish wedding reception party in Mumbai.
- He was also involved in the business partnership with his brother, Nirav Modi, and was handling various enterprises such as Neeshal Enterprises LLP, Paragon Jewellery LLP, Paragon Merchandising LLP, Panchajanya Diamonds LLP, and many more across the world.
- His name was also in the list of frauds, along with his brother and daughter-in-law in the multi-crore scam. He, along with his brother, was alleged to have done a fraud of 14, 400 crore with Punjab National Bank in India.