|Profession(s)||Actor and Philanthropist|
|Famous Role||Laxmi in ‘Angry Indian Goddesses’ (2015)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 152 cm
in meters- 1.52 m
in feet & inches- 5’
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film: Talaash (2012)
TV: Kuch to Log Kahenge (2012)
Film, Malayalam: Haram (2015)
|Date of Birth||14 October 1982 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||37 Years|
|College/University||• Symbiosis Law College, Pune
• Whistling Woods International, Mumbai
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Graduation in Law
• Post Graduation in Advertising
• Diploma in Film Making Wikipedia
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Her parents are retired government employees.
|Siblings||She has two elder sisters (One is a doctor and other is a teacher)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajshri Deshpande
- Rajshri Deshpande is an Indian actor and activist.
- She was born in a middle-class Maharashtrian family.
- Rajshri is a trained Kathakali dancer.
- She is also trained in Sword Fighting and Kalaripayattu martial arts.
- During her college days, she used to work as a part-time dance teacher to manage her finances.
- Later, she got a job in an advertising agency as a media planner.
- She started her own film production agency, ‘Czar Content.’
- She has learned acting under Rob Reece’s Actors Studio and Naseeruddin Shah‘s Method School.
- She has worked in more than 30 short films including ‘For Hire’ (2012), which was the part of the Cannes Short Film Circuit.
- She has appeared in the Hindi films, ‘Kick’ (2014), ‘Angry Indian Goddesses’ (2015), ‘Mumbai Central’ (2016), ‘Manto’ (2018), and ‘Kanpuriye’ (2019).
- She has acted in the Colors TV serial, ’24’ (2013), in which she played the role of Agent Veena.
- She was seen in the trilingual film, ‘Eli Eli Lama Sabachthani?’ in 2016.
- In 2017, she appeared in the Malayalam film, ‘Sexy Durga.’
- She acted in the British Television series, ‘McMafia;’ in 2018 in which she played the role of Manju.
- She has appeared in the web-series like ‘Sacred Games’ (2018) and ‘Parchhayee’ (2019).
- She has featured in a few TV commercials.
- She is well-known for her social activities. She joined an international NGO at the time of Nepal earthquake in 2014 to help the needy people in Nepal.
- She adopted a drought-prone village in the Marathwada region of Maharashtra called ‘Pandhari’ in 2015.
- In 2018, she started her own NGO, ‘Nabhangan Foundation’ (www.nabhanganfoundation.org).
- She is also associated with the NGO of the Bollywood actress, Juhi Chawla to control plastic pollution.
- She is an avid dog lover and owns a pet dog, Stella.
- She was brutally trolled for her bold scene with the popular Bollywood actor, Nawazuddin Siddiqui in the Netflix web-series, ‘Sacred Games’ (2018). When she was asked about doing such bold scenes on screen, in an interview, she said,
I was concerned because I come from a typical middle-class Maharashtrian family. But my mother has been very supportive. She knows and approves of the choices I have made in my life. My husband is also extremely supportive. Though he is not from this industry, he is very progressive. He is also my biggest critic, so when he saw my work and loved it, that gave me a high.”
References/Sources: [ + ]