Net Worth: $13.1 Billion
Age: 47 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
|Full Name||Ness Wadia|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 12 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||30 May 1972|
|Age (as in 2019)||47 Years|
|Birth Place||Liverpool, England, UK|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Liverpool, England, UK|
|School||The Cathedral & John Connon School, Fort, Mumbai
The Lawrence School, Sanawar, Himachal Pradesh
Millfield School, Street, Somerset, England
|College/University||Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, U.S.
University of Warwick, Coventry, England
|Educational Qualification||Degree in International Relations
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Engineering Business Management
|Family||Father- Nusli Wadia (Businessman)
Mother- Maureen Wadia (Former air hostess)
Brother- Jehangir Wadia (Managing Director of Bombay Dyeing and GoAir)
Paternal Grandfather- Neville Wadia (Businessman)
Paternal Grandmother- Dina Wadia (Homemaker)
|Controversies||• In 2014, his ex-girlfriend & actress Preity Zinta alleged that he had attacked her in Mumbai Wankhede Stadium during an IPL match and registered an FIR against him in Mumbai police station.
• In 2016, his driver Dhirendra Mishra filed a complaint against him at the Fort's MRA Marg police station alleging that he had abused and beaten him after the driver was not getting him to Fort from Bombay Dyeing in Parel in 10 minutes. He had also alleged that he had abused him multiple times in the employment of his past two years.
• In April 2019, he was sentenced for drugs possession while on a skiing holiday to Japan. Reportedly, he was carrying 25g of what appeared to be cannabis resin in his trouser pocket.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Preity Zinta (Actress; ex-girlfriend)
- Does Ness Wadia smoke?: Yes
- Does Ness Wadia drink alcohol?: Yes
- Ness Wadia is the great-grandson of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, who was the founder of Pakistan.
- After completing the degree in International Relations, he got training in management at Bombay Dyeing and was involved in various organizations like Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council (TEXPROCIL), Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India (ASSOCHAM), Mill Owners’ Association (MOA), etc.
- After the gap of 5 years, he again started studying in 1998 and did his master’s degree in Engineering Business Management. During that period, he has worked as the Convenor of the Special Group Task Force on Food & Agro Industries Management Policy and also on the Prime Minister’s Council on Trade & Industry.
- In 2001, he joined the ‘Bombay Dyeing’ where he was appointed as a Deputy Managing Director and later promoted to Joint Managing Director. He left the company in 2011 and his younger brother took the place of Managing Director.
- Ness later joined the ‘Bombay Burmah Trading Corporation’ as a Managing Director.
- He is also the director of so many popular companies like Britannia Industries Ltd., GoAir, Nowrosjee Wadia & Sons Ltd., Wadia BSN Ltd., Tata Chemicals, Tata Iron & Steel, Wadia Techno Engineering Services, Gherzi Eastern Ltd., etc.
- Ness Wadia is also the chairman of the chemical industry company ‘National Peroxide Limited.’
- He is the member of the Mumbai-based Nehru Centre managing committee and Wadia Hospitals.
- He is also the member of many charitable trusts like Sir Ness Wadia Foundation, etc.
- Ness is the co-owner of ‘Kings XI Punjab’ franchise cricket team and owns the franchise in $76 million along with Preity Zinta (Actress) & Mohit Burman (Businessman).