Husband: Charles Sobhraj
Age: 33 Years
Education: Law Graduate
|Famous For||Being the second wife of deranged French serial killer Charles Sobhraj|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 157 cm
in meters- 1.57 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 2”
|Date of Birth||Year: 1988|
|Age (as of 2021)||Years|
|School||St. Mary's High School, Kathmandu|
|Educational Qualification||Law graduate Nihita's official Facebook account|
|Religion||Hinduism Nihita's official Facebook account|
|Controversies||• Nihita and her mother, Shakuntala Thapa, who represented Charles Sobhraj's case in the Supreme Court of Nepal, faced contempt of court charges in 2010 after they alleged Nepal's apex court judges for taking a bribe to uphold Charles Sobhraj's life sentence. They were also arrested on contempt charges and were released after a day. Hindustan Times|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||9 October 2008|
|Parents||Father- Name not known
Mother- Shakuntala Thapa (advocate and human rights activist)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nihita Biswas
- Nihita Biswas is a Nepali advocate best known for being the wife of the notorious French serial killer Charles Sobhraj, who is serving a life sentence in the central jail of Kathmandu for murdering an American national in Nepal in 1975. After marrying Charles in 2008, Nihita made headlines in 2011 when she participated in the Indian reality TV show Bigg Boss season 5.
- Like Charles Sobhraj, Nihita is also a product of a mixed marriage. Her father was a Bengali businessman from Kolkata, while her mother was a well-known Nepali lawyer. Nihita’s parents parted ways when she was a child.
- Nihita’s mother represented Charles Sobhraj in the Supreme Court of Nepal; however, she failed to get her client acquitted.
- Nihita is well versed in French. Her good hold over the language became the reason for her first meeting with Sobhraj as an interpreter for his visiting French lawyer. For Shobraj, it was love at the first sight, while Nihita was inclined towards the Frenchman after a few meetings that lasted for around 20 minutes each. They got engaged within three months of their first meet.
- Unbothered by 44 years of age difference and her fiance’s criminal record, Nihita tied the nuptial knot with Charles inside the prison walls of Kathmandu jail in October 2008. Nihita was 21 years old, while Charles was 64 years old when they got married.
- Charles’ Sobhraj’s daughter, Usha, from his first wife, Chantal Compagnon, is around two decades older than Nihita. It is believed that Usha, along with her mother, is living somewhere in the USA.
- Several movies and web series have been made on Charles’ life. Some of these include, “Main Aur Charles,” a Hindi crime drama movie starring Bollywood actor Randeep Hooda as Charles, and “The Serpent,” a web series jointly produced by BBC and Netflix loosely based on real-life crimes committed by Charles.
- Indian reality competition television show Bigg Boss has seen many foreign participants. Nihita was the first Nepali citizen to appear in the show. She could only survive in the show for a week and was the first participant to get evicted.
- During her time in the Bigg Boss house, Nihita was asked by one of the contestants if she ever has had sex with Charles. Nihita warded off the question; however, her mother, Shakuntala, was outraged by the contestant’s behaviour which she expressed during a media interaction. She said,
I was shocked upon hearing the contestants question. We have a conservative society in Nepal. We didn’t expect such sensationalism or ignorance. Sobhraj is in prison whereas Nihita is not. How could the question of having sex with a prisoner arise?”