|Full Name||Nikhita Gandhi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||33-29-34|
|Date of Birth||2 October 1991|
|Age (as in 2017)||26 Years|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|School||La Martiniere For Girls, Kolkata|
|College||Ramachandra College, Chennai
K. M. College of Music and Technology
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)|
|Singing Debut||Tamil: 'Modern Kalyanam' from the movie- Kalyana Samayal Saadham (2013)
Telugu: 'Ladiyo' from the movie- I (2014)
Hindi/Bollywood: 'Lady O' from the movie- I (Hindi Version, 2014)
|Family||Father- Udey Vir Gandhi (Dentist)
Mother- Nipa Gandhi (Dentist)
Brother- Name Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Playing Carrom, Travelling|
|Favourite Music Directors||A. R. Rahman, Anupam Roy|
|Favourite Singers||Benny Dayal, Rekha Bhardwaj, Usha Uthup|
|Favourite Director||A. R. Murugadoss|
|Favourite Food/Beverage||Italian Cuisine, Cappuccino|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nikhita Gandhi
- Does Nikhita Gandhi smoke: Not Known
- Does Nikhita Gandhi drink alcohol: Not Known
- Originally hailing from Kolkata, Nikhita belongs to a family of Bengali-Punjabi origin.
- After graduating from school, Nikhita moved to Chennai to become a dentist. However, dentistry took a back seat when she was selected to be a part of her college’s choir troupe.
- Interestingly, Nikhita had a chance meeting with maestro A. R. Rahman during an Indo-German music exchange Program. This meeting, however, turned the tables for the budding dentist as Rahman promised to offer her a song if she was willing to have some professional training in the field. For this purpose, Nikhita enrolled in A. R. Rahman’s K. M. College of Music and Technology and simultaneously pursued both dentistry and music.
- The Mozart of Madras kept his promise and offered her the song, ‘Ladiyo’, from the movie- I (2014), which was released in three different languages viz. Hindi, Tamil and Telugu. Interestingly, Nikhita gave her voice to all the three versions of the song.
- Her Bengali album titled Kotha, a re-arrangement of ‘Nazrul Geeti’, songs written by renowned poet Kazi Nazrul Islam, became an instant success upon its release in 2012.
- Despite being a Bengali, Nikhita has managed to handle both Tamil and Hindi songs quite well. She shot to fame in the Hindi film Industry after lending her voice to the title track of Sushant Singh Rajput–Kriti Sanon starrer Raabta.
- A philanthropist at heart, Nikhita has been conscientiously working towards a number of social and environmental welfare programs. Aside from organising free dental camps every now and then, she actively participates in drives that promote tree-plantation and dog adoption.
- As the lead vocalist of a 5-member band, Noor, she now performs regularly at concerts and music festivals.
- She is also a trained Odissi dancer.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡