|Being the 2nd runner-up at Miss World 2021
|Physical Stats & More
|Miss World Height
|in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110.23 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)
|Date of Birth
|8 January 1998
|Age (as of 2022)
|Widener University of Pennsylvania, the USA
|BSc in business administration and marketing management
|• Alladjan from Jacqueville (father’s side)
• Baoulé from Kpakobo (Tiassalé) (mother’s side)
|singing, dancing, and traveling
|Relationships & More
|Father- Jean-Marc Yacé (mayor of the commune of Cocody in Abidjan city in Côte d’Ivoire, West Africa)
Mother- Yolande Yace (business manager)
Sister- 2 (younger)
|This Little Light of Mine
Some Lesser Known Facts About Olivia Yace
- Olivia Yace is an Ivorian model who won the Miss World Africa 2021 title. She also won the title of Miss World 2021 2nd Runner-Up, Miss Cote d’Ivoire 2021, Miss World Top Model 2021, and Miss Yamoussoukro 2021.
- She is pursuing master’s in luxury brand management and event planning.
- Olivia always wanted to be a model, and she started modeling at the tender age of 13.
- In 2015, she won the title of Best Female Top Model in the Fashion Top 10.
- She was featured on the cover of Uniwax magazine at the age of 17.
- Her journey to the Miss World 2021 contest started when she won the regional crown of Miss Region of Bélier in the capital of Yamoussoukro.
- She then won the national beauty contest with 17.25% of the combined votes of the jurors and the public and became the winner of Miss World Côte d’Ivoire 2021 on September 4.
- She represented Côte d’Ivoire at the Miss World 2021 contest and competed against 96 other candidates in San Juan, Puerto Rico, where she was proclaimed the second runner-up to Karolina Bielawska of Poland and was crowned Miss World Africa 2021.
- In the final round of Miss World 2021, she was asked,
What have you learned from the COVID pandemic?”
I have learned from the COVID pandemic that we can always try harder to be better, to improve life. During the COVID pandemic, I think we all went through a lot, but I think the most important was to try to push through and to always try to find a solution because I believe, in life, it’s not about falling but every time you fall, to be able to get back up.”
- Olivia was the only African model to reach the top 6 of the Miss World 2021.
- In an interview, Olivia said,
For me, modeling is much more than a fashion show. It is the confidence you exude, the courage you show as you move forward to overcome the challenge facing you and the multitude of eyes staring at you like a lightning on a T!”
- Olivia has worked as an event coordinator since 2016.
- According to Olivia, she is inspired by Queen Abla Pokou, and she considers Michelle Obama her role model.
- Her motto is ‘Know who you are to know where you are going.’
- She aims at defending Black skin from the notions of society. In an interview, she said,
I place my mandate under the seal of the valorization of black skin. It hurts my heart to see young black, African girls whitening their skin. But I don’t judge them! It’s not their fault, it’s a social problem, a fashion phenomenon that they feel obliged to follow. Because we give the impression that light skin is more beautiful than black skin. By valuing the black complexion, we hope to contribute to instilling values as important as respect and pride in our identity while raising awareness of the dangers to which these women expose themselves by resorting to depigmentation.”
- Olivia is fluent in English, Spanish, and French.
- She is proud of her culture and origins and is often spotted wearing her national costume.