Children: Agni Sen
Wife: Rachna Rastogi Sen
|Real name||Aniruddha Sen Pune Design Festival - Official Website|
|Profession(s)||Director, Photographer, Illustrator|
|Famous for||Director of the Indian web series 'Asur: Welcome to Your Dark Side'|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt and pepper|
|Debut||Documentary: The Saints of Sin (2016)
Web series: Asur: Welcome to Your Dark Side (2020)
|Awards||• 2020: Asian Television Awards (Best Direction - Fiction) - Asur: Welcome to Your Dark Side
• 2020: Filmfare OTT Awards (Best Director - Popular Award) (nominated) - Asur: Welcome to Your Dark Side
• 2021: Indian Film and Television Awards (Best web series) (nominated) - Asur: Welcome to Your Dark Side
|Date of Birth||30 September|
|Age (as of 2022)||Years|
|Birthplace||West Bengal, India|
|College/University||National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, Gujarat|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor Of Design (B.Des.) (specialization in films)|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||16 January 1996|
|Wife||Rachna Rastogi Sen|
|Children||Son- Agni Sen|
|Parents||Father- Not known
Mother- Not known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Oni Sen
- Oni Sen is an Indian director, photographer, and illustrator. He was the director of the Indian web series Asur: Welcome to Your Dark Side, which was released on Voot in March 2020.
- Oni Sen, Rachna Rastogi Sen, and K. K. Muralidharan studied at the National Institute of Design in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Some reports suggested that Oni and Rachna started dating during their college days.
- While speaking about Amitabh Bachchan, in an interview, Onis revealed that he was a massive fan of the Bollywood actor. He added that he learned the Hindi language through Bachchan’s films, as Hindi was not a subject in his curriculum.
- In 1994, reportedly, he became a filmmaker as he preferred creating flashy and slick films over quality narratives and stories.
- In an interview, he revealed that later he realised the vanity of his ambition and started making stories that echoed human insights and were driven by emotions.
- In 2010, Oni co-founded the Electric Dreams Film Company, a Production House, with Suparna Chatterjee; they worked together for nearly 20 years between 2000 and 2023.
- Sen directed the advertisement for Horlicks Gold when it was launched in 2011. The theme of the advertisement was the relationship between a mother and her growing kid; the advertisement became very popular.
- Later, his wife, Rachna Rastogi Sen, co-founded Xheight Design India in Mumbai with K. K. Muralidharan. K. K. Muralidharan, a production designer, primarily operated in the Hindi movie sector. Xheight Design India is a multi-disciplinary design studio with a specialisation in Spatial Design.
- He was associated with many brands, including Nike, HP, Coca-Cola, Amazon, Bose Audio Systems, Aircel, Horlicks, Bacardi, Lay’s, and Tanishq; he directed and produced many advertisements between 1996 and 2023.
- In 2016, he made his debut as a documentary director with his critically acclaimed The Saints of Sin. He spent nearly three years completing the shooting of the documentary, which revolved around the lives of eight women and the seven cardinal sins; the eight women were from different parts of the world. Later, The Saints of Sin was screened at various international and national film festivals and won many accolades.
- Sen was one of the speakers at a TEDx talk held at the Vishwakarma Institute of Technology in Pune, Maharashtra, on 29 November 2017.
- In February 2018, he briefly worked as visiting faculty of the Crafting Creative Communication course at the Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- He occasionally smokes.
- On 8 March 2018, the short film Paro, which he created for Hp Inc, San Diego, California, was released on YouTube; the short film reached the final round of the 2018 Cannes’ Film Craft for Direction.
- In March 2020, the web series Asur, directed by him, was aired on the streaming platform Voot; the first season was divided into eight parts and on 2 March 2020, the first episode was aired, and soon the series gathered massive responses from the audience. Subsequently, the show was approved for a second season due to the audience’s demands.
- He directed the second season of the Hindi web series ‘Out of Love’ which aired in April 2021.
- Later, some reports suggested that the shooting for the second season of Asur was delayed due to the pandemic lockdown. After some period of uncertainty, the second season aired in June 2023 on JioCinema. The show received massive positive reviews from critics and the public.
- Oni Sen, in his leisure time, loves travelling.