P. V. Sanjay Kumar Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Hyderabad, Telangana
Age: 59 Years
Father: P. Ramachandra Reddy
|Full name||Puligoru Venkata Sanjay Kumar pib.gov.in|
|Profession(s)||Judge of Supreme Court of India, Former Lawyer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper (half-bald)|
|Date of Birth||14 August 1963 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||59 Years|
|Hometown||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|School||St. Paul’s School at Himayat Nagar, Hyderabad|
|College/University||• Nizam College, Hyderabad
• Delhi University, Delhi
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Graduation in Commerce from Nizam College, Hyderabad
• A Degree in Law from Delhi University, Delhi The High Court of Manipur
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Parents||Father- Sri P. Ramachandra Reddy (Advocate General of Andhra Pradesh from 1969 to 1982)
Mother- P. Padmavathamma
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. Rs 2,50,000 + other allowances per month (w.e.f. 1 January 2016) Government of India|
Some Lesser Known Facts About P. V. Sanjay Kumar
- P. V. Sanjay Kumar is an Indian jurist, who was appointed as the judge of the Supreme Court of India on 6 February 2023. Formerly, he was serving as the Chief Justice of the Manipur High Court.
- Sanjay Kumar grew up in a family of lawyers in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- His father hailed from the Chittoor district.
- After pursuing a degree in law, Sanjay Kumar enrolled at the Bar Council of undivided Andhra Pradesh in August 1988. Initially, he practised as a lawyer at his father’s office and gained knowledge of various branches of Law.
- Post the retirement of his father, Sanjay Kumar started practising independently.
- Kumar served as the government pleader at the Andhra Pradesh High Court from 2000 to 2003.
- His clientele included several prominent organisations like Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, Indian Oil Corporation Limited and Special Officer, Urban Land Ceilings, and High Court of Andhra Pradesh and Subordinate Judiciary.
- On 8 August 2008, P. V. Sanjay Kumar was appointed as an additional judge of the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- After a year and a half, he was promoted to the permanent judge of the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- After the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh into Telangana and Andhra Pradesh (remaining) in 2014, Sanjay Kumar began serving as a judge of the Telangana High Court.
- In October 2019, he was transferred to the Punjab and Haryana High Court, where he served as a permanent judge.
- On 12 February 2021, P. V. Sanjay Kumar was appointed as the Chief Justice of the Manipur High Court. He assumed office on 14 February 2021.
- On 13 December 2022, Sanjay’s name was recommended for the post of Supreme Court judge by the Supreme Court Collegium headed by Chief Justice D Y Chandrachud. After approval from the centre, he was appointed as a judge of the apex court on 6 February 2023.
- Sanjay Kumar’s parent High Court is Telangana.
- According to some sources, Sanjay Kumar is the second judge from Hyderabad, Telangana, to be appointed as a judge of the Supreme Court. The first judge was Justice P. Narasimha.
- A promoter of wildlife protection, Kumar has addressed various workshops on Wildlife Crime Prevention.
|↑2||The High Court of Manipur|
|↑3||Government of India|