Age: 39 Years
Husband: Bhushan Kumar
|Profession(s)||Actress, Film Director, Film Producer|
|Famous For||Being the wife of Bhushan Kumar, the chairman and managing director of T-Series|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film (Bollywood; Actor): Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyo (2004) as 'Shweta Rajeev Singh'
Film (Tollywood; Actor): Love Today (2004) as ' Parvatha Vardhini'
Film (Bollywood; Director): Yaariyan (2014)
Film (Bollywood; Producer): Roy (2015)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award for her performance in the short film ‘Bulbul’ (2018)
• Iconic Women Award for “National Sensation of the Year” (2020)
• Lion Gold Award for “Best Performance in a Music Single” for the song ‘Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi’ (2020)
• Dadasaheb Phalke Award for “Style Diva of the Year” (2021)
|Date of Birth||27 November 1981 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||39 Years|
|College/University||Janki Devi Memorial College, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) Times of India
• A course in Cinematography from Mumbai Times of India
|Ethnicity||Punjabi Times of India|
|Controversy||After Sushant Singh Rajput committed suicide on 14 June 2020, Sonu Nigam posted videos on Instagram accusing Bhushan Kumar of damaging his image and not promoting new talents in the industry. Divya Khosla also took to Instagram to post a video in which she termed Sonu Nigam "thankless." The Quint|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Bhushan Kumar (Businessman)|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Businessman; owned a small printing press in Delhi)
Mother- Name Not Known (Former Teacher)
|Actor(s)||Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Actress(es)||Madhuri Dixit, Priyanka Chopra, Ellen DeGeneres|
|Filmmaker(s)||Zoya Akhtar, Farah Khan, Meghna Gulzar|
|Car Collection||Audi A8L
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 11 crores (as of 2019) Bollywood Shaadis
Some Lesser Known Facts About Divya Khosla Kumar
- Divya Khosla Kumar is an Indian actress, film producer, and film director.
- She grew up in a middle-class conservative family in Delhi.
- Divya was academically good in her school and college days.
- Her mother didn’t allow her to watch films much in her childhood. Talking about it in an interview, Kumar said,
I hardly watched movies; I was very studious. That was my life in Delhi. My mother never really encouraged watching cinema also so much. We used to watch very limited movies.”
- At the age of 18, Divya bagged a few print advertisements.
- When she was 20 years old, she relocated to Mumbai.
- During her initial days in Mumbai, Divya used to travel by local trains. During those days, she lived in shared PGs and changed as many as seven PGs in one year.
- In Mumbai, Divya first bagged a music video titled ‘Honey Honey.’ She was featured in the video opposite Salman Khan.
- Next, she featured in the music videos “Aiyyo Rama” (2000) by Falguni Pathak, “Kabhi Yaadon Mein Aaun” (2003) by Abhijeet Bhattacharya, and “Zid Na Karo Ye Dil Ka Mamla Hai” (2003) by Roop Johri and Kunal Ganjawala.
- In 2004, she was cast in the film “Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyo” along with Amitabh Bachchan, Bobby Deol, and Akshay Kumar.
- During the shooting of the film “Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyo,” Divya came in touch with Bhushan Kumar. Bushan was quite impressed with Divya and exchanged his phone number with Divya. Soon, the duo began chatting, but Divya stepped back after a while after knowing about Bhushan’s Casanova image in the industry. However, Bhushan was serious about Divya and sent his cousin, Ajay Kapoor, to Delhi and asked him to talk with Divya. Thereafter, He invited Kumar and her family to his sister’s wedding and things got settled there.
- After her marriage to Bhushan, Divya took a long break from her acting career.
- It was in 2014, that she decided to make her directorial debut with the Bollywood film “Yaariyan.” Divya not just directed the film, but also, choreographed five songs from the film-“Baarish,” “Maa,” “Love Me Thoda Aur,” “Allah-Waariyan,” and “Zor Lagake.”
- Thereafter, she featured in the songs “Akkad Bakkad” and “Humne Pee Rakkhi Hain” from the film ‘Sanam Re’ (2017). Divya was also the director of the film.
- In the same year, she played the title role in the short film “BulBul.”
- As a producer, she has produced films like “Khandaani Shafakhana” (2019), “Batla House” (2019), “Marjaavaan” (2019), “Street Dancer 3D” (2020), and “Indoo Ki Jawani” (2020).
- In 2019, Divya was featured in Neha Kakkar’s song “Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi.”
- She was also featured in the song “Besharam Bewaffa” by B Praak in 2020.
- In 2021, Divya bagged the role of ‘Sita Rameshwar’ in the Bollywood film “Satyameva Jayate 2.”
- Khosla loves dancing, writing, and reading in her leisure time.
- Her maternal grandfather was in the Indian army.
- Divya and her family lived in a rented house in Delhi until she was in class 10.
- Divya revealed in an interview that one of the first films that she ever watched in theatre was “Hum Aapke Hain Koun” (1994).
- Divya has been featured on the covers of magazines like AsiaSpa.
- Her source of inspiration is her mother and her mother-in-law.
- Divya has a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- In 2020, when Divya walked the ramp for the Lakme Fashion Week 2020, she suffered a wardrobe malfunction. However, she managed it gracefully and completed her walk. Zoom