Age: 39 Years
Marital Status: Divorced
|Nickname||Bhebli Times of India|
|Famous Role||‘Dolly Mehra’ in Amazon Prime’s web series “Paatal Lok”
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green|
|Hair Colour||Light Brown (Dyed)|
|Debut||Film (Bengali): Hemanter Pakhi (2001)
Film (Bollywood): Mumbai Cutting (2011)
TV: Devdasi (2001)
Web Series: Paatal Lok (2020)
|Date of Birth||13 December 1980 (Saturday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||39 Years|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School||• Carmel High School, Kolkata
• St. Teresa’s Secondary School, Kolkata
• Gokhale Memorial School, Kolkata
|College/University||Jadavpur University, Kolkata|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in History|
|Controversies||• During an interaction with media, she confessed that she had been lying about the sour relations with her husband and in-laws for a long time, she further said that she had also withdrawn all the cases against her husband and in-laws.
• In 2014, she tried to attempt suicide and blamed her then-boyfriend Suman Mukhopadhyay (Swastika's then boyfriend) for her act.
• On 4 November 2014, she was allegedly caught on CCTV cameras shoplifting gold earrings worth $255 (Rs.12,139) in her handbag at a jewelry showroom in Posh Mall, Singapore.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Parambrata Chatterjee (Bengali Actor)
• Jeet (Bengali Actor)
• Sumon Mukhopadhyay (Film Maker)
|Husband/Spouse||Pramit Sen (Ex-Husband; Singer, m.1998– div.2007)
Daughter- Anwesha Sen (Born in 2000)
|Parents||Father- Late Santu Mukhopadhyay (Bengali Actor)
Mother- Late. Gopa Mukherjee
Sister- Ajopa Mukherjee (Younger; Costume Designer)
|Food||Sandesh, Paneer Tikka, Burger|
|Film(s)||“Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” (1968), “Mary Poppins” (1964), “The Sound of Music” (1965)|
|Perfume Brand(s)||Gucci, Armani
|Fashion Designer||Manish Malhotra|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Swastika Mukherjee
- Swastika Mukherjee is an actress who is popular in the Bengali Cinema.
- She was born into a well-to-do family in Kolkata.
- She is the daughter of the renowned Bengali actor, Santu Mukhopadhyay.
- Swastika was married to the Bengali singer, Sagar Sen’s son, Promit Sen (singer). Their marriage lasted only for two years.
- When Promit filed a divorce in 2000, Swastika blamed him of physically abusing her and being cruel to her in pregnancy.
- While she was still legally married to Sen, Swastika started dating her Brake-Fail co-star, Parambrata Chatterjee. Due to this reason, Promit even filed a case against Chatterjee.
- While Swastika was studying in the Jadavpur University, a television director spotted her and offered her a role in the Bengali TV serial “Devdasi.”
- She, then, acted in the Bengali TV serials “Ek Akasher Niche” and “Protibimbo.”
- She stepped into the world of films in 2001 with the Bengali film “Hemanter Pakhi.”
- Mukherjee has appeared in several Bengali films, like “Mastan,” “Criminal,” “Kranti,” “Take One,” and “Saheb Bibi Golaam.”
- In 2015, she played a cameo in the Bollywood film, “Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!.”
- Swastika has learnt dance from the popular choreographer Tanusree Shankar at Ananda Shankar Centre For Performing Arts, Kolkata.
- Mukherjee is a food buff and loves to try new cuisines.
- She is very much addicted to lipsticks.
- During an interview, Swastika shared that she was a bad cook.
- She is fond of animals, and she often shares her pictures with dogs on her Instagram account.
- In 2020, Swastika protested against the citizenship amendment act (CAA) in Bengal.
- She is not so good at Hindi and at the time of shooting of her debut Bollywood film, her film director used to translate the lines for her.