|Real Name||Rajinder Dhawan (After passing out of college, he officially changed his name to David)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 95 kg
in Pounds- 209 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||16 August 1955|
|Age (as in 2017)||62 Years|
|Birth Place||Agartala, Tripura|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Christ Church College, Kanpur|
|College||Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune|
|Educational Qualifications||Course in Editing|
|Debut||Direction: Taaqatwar (1989)
TV: Nach Baliye 3 (As a Judge, 2008)
|Family||Father- Not Known (Worked as a manager in UCO Bank; passed away in the year 1993)
Mother- Not Known
Brothers- Ashok Dhawan (lost his life to cancer), Anil Dhawan (Actor)
Sister- Not Known
|Address||A-15, Sagar Darshan, Hanuman Nagar, Off Carter Road, Khar, Mumbai 400052|
|Controversy||David Dhawan and Govinda have worked together in as many as 17 films. However, with time, the relationship between the two, like most of the other relationships in B-Town, has turned sour. In an interview, Govinda said that he will never ever work with the veteran director again, a statement that made headlines for days.|
|Favourite Directors||Hrishikesh Mukherjee, Manmohan Desai|
|Favourite Actors||Sanjay Dutt, Rajesh Khanna|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Son- Rohit Dhawan, Director (Elder), Varun Dhawan (Actor)
Some Lesser Known Facts About David Dhawan
- Does David Dhawan smoke: Not Known
- Does David Dhawan drink alcohol: Not Known
- Born Rajinder Dhawan, the story behind his ‘changed name’ is quite interesting. While explaining the mystery behind his name in an interview, Dhawan said that his neighbors were Christians and used to randomly call him David. Soon, even his parents started calling him by the same name. Surprisingly enough, after he passed out of college, his father suggested him to officially change his name to ‘David.’
- Initially, Dhawan had no plans of joining the film industry; however, when his elder brother, Anil, applied for an acting course at the FTII, he also thought of giving it a try. Thus Dhawan enrolled himself in the same course and institute.
- After spending a few months there, he gathered that acting wasn’t his cup of tea. As a result, he abandoned the course mid-way and chose an editing course instead.
- Dhawan passed out as a gold medalist in editing. However, his ultimate aim at the time was to become a film director.
- In the first few years of his career, Dhawan worked as a news editor for Bombay TV. Slowly and steadily, he made a transition into film-editing with movies like Love Story (1981), Saaransh (1984) and Naam (1986).
- In an interview, he revealed that he is indebted to actor Sanjay Dutt for all the success, as it was none other than the latter who helped him bag his first break as a director.
- To date, Dhawan has directed over 42 movies
- The director has paired up with actor Govinda in as many as 17 movies, most of which were blockbusters at the box-office.
- He is one of the members of the prestigious Asian Academy of Film & Television.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)