|Full Name||Parikshit Sahni|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & pepper|
|Date of Birth||1 January 1944|
|Age (as in 2017)||73 Years|
|Birth Place||Murree, Punjab, British India (now in Pakistan)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Shantiniketan, West Bengal|
|School||Lawrence School, Sanawar Kasauli, Solan, Himachal Pradesh|
|College||St. Stephen's College, Delhi, India|
|Debut||Film: Deedar (1951, as child artist)
Anokhi Raat (1968, as adult)
TV: Barrister Vinod
|Family||Father- Balraj Sahni (Actor)
Mother- Damayanti Sahni, Santosh Chandhok Sahni (Step mother)
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Sanovar Sahni (Half-sister)
|Hobbies||Painting, listening to music, writing, reading|
|Favourite Actors||Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Directors||Asit Sen, Yash Chopra|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||Not known|
|Children||Son- Varn Sahnni
Daughter- Aditi Sahni, Tania Sahni
Some Lesser Known Facts About Parikshit Sahni
- Does Parikshit Sahni smoke?: Yes
- Parikshit Sahni spent most of his childhood in the boarding since his father was an activist in India’s fight for freedom against the Britishers.
- After graduating from St. Stephen’s Delhi, he went to study architecture in Moscow. But he was not good at mathematics and could not clear the aptitude test. Then he joined the Cinema Institute of the same university.
- Parikshit Sahni was more into direction. He had written the script of ‘Pavitra Paapi’ and intended to direct it. But the producer of the project made him act as a lead in the film instead of directing it.
- He injured his backbone while shooting for ‘Veer Shivaji’. It took a whole year for him to recover.
- In the beginning, Parikshit Sahni had adopted the screen name Ajay Sahni on the advice of his very close friend Sanjeev Kumar. But after the accident, he changed his screen name back to his real name, as he says that it was his new birth when he recovered from the injuries.