|Profession(s)||Diwan of Peshwa and Commander-in-chief of the Maratha Army|
|Date of Birth||4 August 1730|
|Birth Place||Maharashtra, Maratha Empire, India|
|Date of Death||14 January 1761|
|Place of Death||Panipat, India|
|Death Cause||Died in the third battle of Panipat|
|Age (at the time of death)||30 Years|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Chimaji Appa
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Bagabai (Half)
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sadashivrao Bhau
- Bhau was the nephew of Peshwa Bajirao I.
- When he was just a month old, his mother died in 1730, his father married Anapurnabai in 1731 and when he became 10 years old, his father died. His step-mother, Anapurnabai became sati on his pyre. He was looked after by his grandmother, Radhabai.
- He was brilliant in learning things and was educated in Satara, Maharashtra.
- When he was just 16 years old, he led his first campaign in Karnataka and in January 1747, he received his first victory in a battle at Ajra, south of Kolhapur. He conquered some areas from the Nawabs of Savanur and subsequently annexed the cities Kittur, Parasgad, Yadwad, Gokak, Badami, Bagalkot, Navalgund, Giri, Umbal, Torgal, Harihar, Haliyal, and Basavapatna.
- In 1760, he successfully led the Maratha Army against the Nizam of Hyderabad in the Battle of Udgir.
- In the third battle of Panipat, Bhau was the commander-in-chief of the Maratha Army and fought against Durrani Empire led by Ahmad Shah Durrani. However, he got defeated and killed in this battle.
- He is supposed to have died in the battle of Panipat but his dead body was never found. His second wife, Parvatibai did not accept that her husband died in the battle and she did not live as a widow rest of her life.
- His first wife Umabai bore two sons, but they died soon.
- Around 1770, a man claimed to be Sadashivrao Bhau, however, later, he turned out to be an impostor.
- Sadashiv-Peth in Pune, Maharashtra was named in his honour.
- In 2019, Indian film director, Ashutosh Gowariker directed a movie, Panipat in which actor Arjun Kapoor portrayed the role of Sadashivrao Bhau.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)