|Nickname||Crockroaxz Hindustan Times|
|Profession(s)||Dancer, Actor, Television host|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Debut||Film: Sonali Cable as Sada (2014)
TV: Dance India Dance Season 3 (Contestant)
|Date of Birth||10 July 1991 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||30 Years|
|School||Doon International School, Dehradun|
|College/University||DAV (PG) College, Dehradun
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce DailyHunt|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram-Raghav Juyal|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Deepak Juyal (Advocate)
Mother- Alka Bakshi Juyal (Homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother- Yashasvi Juyal (Film Director)
|Actor(s)||Irrfan Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui|
|Film||Step Up (2006)|
|Dancer(s)||Prabhu Deva, Michael Jackson|
|Quote||Fame is a devil and art is an angel.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raghav Juyal
- Raghav Juyal is an Indian actor, Dancer, Television host, choreographer, and television host. He is known for slow-motion dance performances and a very sharp sense of humour. He is also known by the name of ‘The King of Slow Motion.”
- Raghav Juyal was born and brought up in the small city of Dehradun in Uttrakhand. He was fond of dancing since childhood and took part in various dancing competitions organised in the city. Initially, his parents were not impressed by his choice unorthodox career choice but after his selection in the ‘Dance India Dance’ they also felt that he was born to be on the stage. Raghav explaining his struggle to become a dancer said,
I used to practice alone. Whenever my father came home, I used to hide all my music instruments and open a book and act as if I was studying. Every parent needs a proof, and I proved that. I practiced a lot. After DID, everything changed. My father and mother were happy after that and told me, ‘You do this only. This is what you were born to do.”
- Raghav Juyal appeared for the first time on national television in 2011 on Colors TV’s dance show ‘Chak Dhoom Dhoom 2 – Team Challenge!!’ He was a part of the D-Maniax dance crew along with Tapan Tiwari, Chander Neutron, Manoj Proton, and Akshit Juyal. The show had Mallika Sherawat, Terence Lewis, and Javed Jaffrey as the judges and it was hosted by Pravesh Rana. Next, he appeared in ‘Dance Ke Superkids’ as a captain for the dance team ‘Yahoo.’
- In 2013, Raghav auditioned for the Zee TV’s reality dance show ‘Dance India Dance Season 3.’ Raghav gave his first performance in the slow-motion dance form and impressed the judges Geeta Kapur, Terence Lewis, and Remo D’Souza with Grand Master Mithun Chakraborty with his dancing style but could not clear the mega auditions. He was brought back to the show as a wildcard contestant soon after his audition video went viral on the internet and the audience demand of getting him back on the show. Later, he became the most popular contestant of ‘Dance India Dance Season 3’ because of his slow-motion moves and comedy. Raghav Juyal Was declared the second runner up for the ‘Dance India Dance Season 3.’
- After establishing his name as a dancer, Raghav directed himself towards choreography. He made his debut in choreography with ‘DID Li’l Masters (Season 2)’ aired on Zee TV, in which he became a skipper for the team Raghav Ke Rockstars and choreographed Saumya Rai and Rohan Parkdale for the show. The trio of Raghav, Saumya, and Rohan delivered some fabulous performances and ruled the heart of the audience. Raghav was the only skipper at the completion to lead his both students to the finale of the show, where Saumya Rai was declared the second runner up and Rohan Parkdale was declared as the third runner-up for DID Li’l Masters (Season 2).
- Next, Raghav became part of Zee TV’s show dance reality show for kids, ‘Dance Ke Superkids- Battle of the Baaps.’ The show judged by Geeta Kapur, Farah Khan, and Marzi Pestonji featuring contestants from the first two seasons of DID L’iL Masters. DID L’il Masters Season 2 team, Yahoo, having Faisal Khan, Soumya Rai, Rohan Parkale, Om Chetri, Jeet Das, Shalini Moitra and Tanay Malhara in the team, was lead by Raghav Juyal.
- In 2014, Raghav Juyal made his acting debut with Charudutt Acharya directed film ‘Sonali Cable.’ He played the character of Sada, the owner of an internet cable wire shop. Raghav’s acting and screen presence was highly appreciated by the critics but unfortunately, the film did not work well at the box office. Later, he became part of several super hit films that include ABCD 2, Nawabzaade, Street Dancer 3D, and Bahut Hua Samman.
- Raghav Juyal made his debut as a host in Remo D’Souza‘s reality dance show ‘Dance Plus’ aired on Star Plus in 2014. Raghav did a fabulous job as a host in the show. He made everyone laugh with his great sense of humour and appeared as a great host for the show. He was often seen teasing the mentors Dharmesh Yelande, Shakti Mohan, and Punit Pathak during the show.
- Raghav Juyal gained huge popularity as a host for ‘Dance Plus,’ after which he appeared as a host in various popular shows including Dance Plus 2, Dance Champions, Dance Plus (season 3), Rising Star, Dance Plus (season 4), Dil Hai Hindustani (season 2), and Dance Deewane season 3.
- In 2016, Raghav Juyal participated in Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 7, a stunt-based reality television series. The season was hosted by the actor Arjun Kapoor and featured Sidharth Shukla, Sana Saeed, Mukti Mohan, Tanishaa Mukerji, Vivian Dsena, Raghav Juyal, and many others as the contestants at the show. Raghav was a tough competition for his fellow contestants and he was one of the top 5 finalists of the show.
- Raghav Juyal has made guest appearances in a number of reality shows on television including Nach Baliye 7, Super Dancer, Entertainment Ki Raat, and India’s Best Dancer. In 2019, he appeared on Bharti Singh and Haarsh Limbachiyaa hosted the game show ‘Khatra Khatra Khatra.’
- Raghav Juyal received huge appreciation for his efforts in helping people in the pandemic. During an interview he said,
As soon as restrictions were announced in Maharashtra, I moved to my hometown, Pauri, in Uttarakhand. Then I got infected with COVID-19 and so I had to quarantine at home for two weeks. During this period, while I was at home, I realised that the area around my village was deeply affected and the health centres were not well-equipped. They did not have enough medicines and I felt that I should do something to support them so that people do not have to travel to cities and get treated. So after I recovered from COVID-19, I started helping people in the rural areas in Uttarakhand and supplying essential materials to health centres.”
- In August 2020, Raghav Juyal was declared to be a part of Abhay 2, a ZEE5 Original Indian thriller web series. Raghav excepted the proposal to perform a negative character to experiment with existing acting skills. On the preparations of his role, he said,
I said yes the very first time the script was narrated to me because it was so exciting. It is a very interesting, challenging and risky character. I took emotional risks to play the character. It gave me a chance to explore new sides of mine. As an actor, I am taking a risk too because this is the first time people will see a playful, prankster Raghav turning into an antagonist. The character has so many layers in him. My character had a traumatic past, which is why he does what he does. (By playing the part) I got to learn so much.”
- Raghav is known for his charming and down to earth personality. He loves spending his vacations in his native village. During an interview, he said,
I think it is good that when I go to my village in the hill station where my grandparents live, (people) do not watch TV… because they don’t treat me like the star. My childhood friends, people in the village treat me like one of them. That is how I stay grounded. No matter what I am going to achieve in the future, I will stay connected to reality.”
- Raghav Juyal, when asked on how it feels to be a part of the entertainment industry and making friends there, said,
I really don’t care what industry people think about me. I only have a handful of friends like Dharmesh bhai (choreographer Dharmesh Yelande) in the industry. I just finish my work and set off to my hometown, Garhwal. All my friends are there, not here. I don’t want to fit into groups and attend Page 3 parties and hang out with unknown people. I hang out with my friends in Dehradun and comeback for work. So I don’t really care what people think about me even a bit. I just need to do good work, meet good people and live life respectfully.”
- Amid the nationwide lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Raghav Juyal emerged as a superhero for his state, Uttarakhand. Initially, Raghav started by helping the people around him by providing them with food and other necessities. He also donated 20 big oxygen cylinders, 40 cannulas, 20 oxymeters in Pauri, but realised that this small contribution will not make any major impact for the people in need. Uttarakhand lacked sufficient medical facilities to fight the rising Covid-19 cases. Later, he along with his friends started building a team to volunteer for the worsened situation in the state. Raghav actively campaigned on his social media accounts to ask people for donations and help the people in need. Raghav, his friends, and a team of over 100 volunteers worked day night to procure Oxygen cylinders, beds, and medicines and repeatedly appealed for more support and aid. Raghav also shared a video on his Instagram in which he said that his foundation is ready to support the government authorities in any which way, to ensure Uttarakhand gets saved from the coronavirus.
- Raghav Juyal, while urging people to extend help also revealed that he would be promoting brands for free with the condition that the brands will have to aid Uttarakhand with money or resources to help the state fight the Covid-19 pandemic. He shared a video on Instagram with the caption,
I often associate with brands and companies to promote their products. In lieu of professional fees. Today I’m making an appeal, to all the companies that would want to work with me to promote their brand /product or associate with them as a brand ambassador, please come forward and help me raise funds for Uttarakhand . I promise to let waive off my professional fees in exchange of the financial help provided to the affected during this Covid crises. U can dm @nyogesh81 for relief collaborations. Link for the donation and brand association is in my bio (sic).”
- While serving the people stuck in pandemics in his hometown, Raghav himself got exposed to the COVID-19 virus. Resulting to which he also took a break from anchoring the reality dance show ‘Dance Deewane Season 3’ which was taken over by Bharti Singh and Haarsh Limbachiyaa. Raghav reacted to this as,
There are so many dance shows happening on television. If someone has stepped in my place and is doing a good job, it’s great. I will be back on the show soon. TV has given me a lot and I am grateful. But, I never get insecure about these things.”
- Raghav Juyal is fond of doing adventure sports. He spends most of his time in Uttarakhand and explores the state with his group of friends. Raghav’s hiking and trekking pictures and videos often go viral on the internet. Uttarakhand government has also appreciated his efforts for promoting the state and culture.
- According to Raghav, like many other Bollywood actors, he has also faced and suffered the impact of nepotism in Bollywood. He lost a film just because the higher authorities and senior actors wanted somebody else to work with them. He said,
There is nepotism in every field. Even in our school, there is nepotism. How we deal with it and what decision we take– that depends on us. And yes I have also faced this in the industry. I auditioned for a film and got selected too by a well-known casting director. I got the script and the director too was satisfied with me. But then, I don’t know what happened. Suddenly the casting director called me and said, ‘Raghav, we are sorry as higher authority and actors of the film said they wanted someone else in my place. So, it happens. We can’t do anything in this.”
- Raghav Juyal is a philanthropist. He is associated with a number of NGO’s and foundations. He uses his strong social media influence to generate awareness about society.
- In January 2021, Raghav Juyal landed into controversy for hurting the religious sentiments of Hindus. Raghav shared a video on his social media performing a Hawan at his home along with his other family members. The video showed his entire family giving offerings to the holy fire, as the priest chanted holy verses and ‘shlokas’ but Raghav was seen sitting on a chair while performing the holy ritual. The comment box of the video was filled with hate comments, responding to which Juyal shared a post on his Instagram account which explained the reason for him sitting on the chair.
- Raghav actively shares his views on ongoing social affairs. He is known to have a fierce personality and never lets anyone influence his personal opinions.