Marital Status: Separated
Age: 46 Years
Education: Bachelor Of Arts
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Hair Colour||dark Brown|
|Debut||Film: Veergati (1995) as 'Pooja'
|Date of Birth||5 January 1974 (Saturday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||46 Years|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Dancing & Watching Movies|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Name not known|
|Parents||Father- Romesh Dadwal
Mother- Neerja Dadwal
Sister(s)- Drishti Dadwal and Antra Dadwal
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pooja Dadwal
- Pooja made her acting debut with the film “Veergati” (1995) starring Salman Khan and Atul Agnihotri. Her poor choice of films led to a decline in her career. After ‘Veergati,’ she acted in films like Inteqam (2001), Dabdaba (2002), Jeene Nahin Doongi (2002), Sindoor Ki Saugandh (2002), and Hindustan (2004); all of them were a huge failure at the box office.
- She was last seen acting in the Zee TV’s serial “Gharana” and bid a farewell to her acting career to focus on her family.
- After quitting acting, she moved to the US, where she worked at a gas station. Pooja, then, returned to India and started managing a casino in Goa.
- When she was working in Goa, she was diagnosed with tuberculosis. Learning of the news, Pooja’s husband, and her in-laws, abandoned her. She called Rajendra Singh, one of her closest friends in the industry, and whom she considers as her godfather. Rajendra decided to help her and admitted her to a hospital in Sewri, Mumbai in 2018.
- Following this, she released a video on social media, asking financial and medical support from Salman Khan.
- Seeing her condition, Ravi Kishan who had acted with her in the film “Tumse Pyar Ho Gaya” (1997), sent acquaintance to provide Pooja with fruits and money for her treatment.
- She was losing confidence due to her illness until Salman Khan and his charity, Being Human, came to her rescue. When she was discharged from the hospital, she went to Goa for rehabilitation.
- In Goa, she started to give tuitions to make a living. During her stay in Goa, she decided to resume acting and came to Mumbai, where she started tiffin service to earn her daily bread.
- Hearing her story, Director Surinder Singh contacted Pooja and offered her to act in his short film “Shukrana Guru Nanak Dev Ji Ka” (2020).
- Pooja is thankful towards Salman Khan who has helped her throughout her critical medical condition. Talking about Salman, she said,
He has been with me both in spirit and otherwise. I want to meet him and I will. I have said this many times, I worship Salman Khan. I would love to work with him again.
- She is the brand ambassador of the book “Safalta Bachchon Ka Khel” by Vikas Jolly. The book is based on the real-life stories of 15 children.