|Siddharth P Malhotra
|Director, Writer, Screenplay, Dialogue Writer
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 185 lbs
|Salt & Pepper
|Date of Birth
|10 October 1978
|Age (as in 2018)
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign
|Film (Director): We Are Family (2010)
TV (Director, Creator, Writer): Ichhapyaari Naagin
|Writer Nishant Kaushik alleged that the storyline of the film Hichki has been taken from one of his stories and was not even given any credit for it. Siddharth refuted these allegations
|Girls, Affairs and More
|Sapna Malhotra (Designer, Co-Producer at Alchemy Films Pvt. Ltd.)
|Son(s)- Shlok Malhotra
|Father- Prem Kishen (Actor, Producer)
Mother- Name Not Known
Sister- Akanksha Malhotra (Actress)
|Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Zayed Khan
|Rani Mukerji, Kareena Kapoor
|Aditya Chopra, Karan Johar
|DDLJ, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gum
|Favourite TV Shows
|Haasil, Wo Apna Sa, Naagin
Some Lesser Known Facts About Siddharth P Malhotra
- He is the grandson of veteran actors Prem Nath and Bina Rai.
- He made his directorial debut with the film “We Are Family” (2010) starring Kajol, Kareena Kapoor, and Arjun Rampal, but it did not perform well at the box office. It was a remake of Hollywood movie “Stepmom.”
- He is a prominent personality on Indian television and has many television soaps to his credit like Sanjeevani, Saathiya, Jersey No 10, Dill Mill Gayye, Ek Hasina Thi, Ek Hazaaron Mein, Jaane Kya Baat Hui, Haasil, etc.
- After working for ‘Cinevistaas’ (his father’s production house) for years, he founded his own production house with his wife as co-producer and named it ‘Alchemy Films Pvt. Ltd.’
- He has worked with Karan Johar in the movie ‘Kal Ho Na Ho’ and with Sooraj Barjatya in ‘Vivah’.
- After a long break of six years, Siddharth made a come back with his directorial movie “Hichki” (2018). Initially, he wanted to project “Hichki” as a male-centric film, but Maneesh Sharma (creative director of the movie) suggested him to take make it with a female protagonist and that’s how Rani Mukerji came on board. He quoted in an interview that, “During the first narration, Rani laughed, cried and finally agreed to do the film which resonated with her because she is an instinctive and emotional person. Only if the film connects with her she will do it because her daughter, Adira is her top priority and she would never waste a moment if she doesn’t like something. But she agreed on a condition that she will start shoot early in the morning, by 7 am and leave by 12-12.30 pm and we will have to manage in five hours.”
- In an interview, Siddharth revealed that his film faced many rejections by productions houses as nobody wanted to invest in his script as they considered it a less commercial film. After struggling for years, he got a chance to narrate his story to Aditya Chopra, and he liked his script. He further quoted that, “It took me six years to make Hichki. After We Are Family, this is the only film I wanted to make. I found a God in Aditya Chopra, he believed in me when no one did. He gave me a second lease on life, I was washed out.”
- In July 2018, his movie ‘Hichki’ was chosen to be premiered in Russia on 6 September 2018 to pay a tribute to all the teachers and to celebrate the teacher’s day.
- The movie was also screened at the Shanghai Film Festival and was much appreciated.